Practice/Industry Group Overview
The Bankruptcy, Creditors’ Rights & Insolvency Group is known for its diligent preparation, persuasive courtroom presentations, and business-focused solutions. Our bankruptcy practice group is one of the largest in the area. We have significant bankruptcy experience and depth, including former law clerks of bankruptcy, district, and federal appellate judges. Members of the firm also serve as mediators and court appointed trustees in multifaceted bankruptcy cases. We are well trained in all aspects of bankruptcy law, have Board Certified attorneys, and are positioned to assemble an experienced team to represent the client’s needs.
We represent a wide array of clients, including national and state financial institutions, healthcare institutions, landlords, equipment lessors, purchasers of assets, judgment creditors, Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 trustees and examiners, state court receivers, and Unsecured Creditors’ and Equity Committees. On a selective basis, the firm represents corporate debtors. Our lawyers are able to represent foreign representatives working in international insolvency proceedings.
To address our clients’ needs and strategies, the lawyers in the group often work closely with other groups within the firm on matters in which appellate, business transactions, construction law, ERISA and employee benefits, eminent domain, employment, health care, real estate, or intellectual property law, may be involved.
Trenam Kemker attorneys represent clients in diverse matters within the bankruptcy and insolvency arenas.
Practice areas include:
- Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors and Receiverships
- Avoidance Action Defense: Preferential and Fraudulent Transfer Claims
- Committee Representation: Equity and Unsecured Creditor
- Consumer/Financial Services Litigation: Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Florida Consumer Collection Protection Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Corporate Debtor Representation
- Post-Judgment Enforcement Litigation: Garnishments, Replevin, Levy, Proceeding Supplementary, Domestication of Foreign Judgments
- Purchaser Representation
- Secured Creditor Representation: Foreclosures, Commercial Workout & Restructuring, Lender Liability
- Trustee Representation: Chapter 7 and 11
- Unsecured Creditor Representation