Trystan Forrest focuses his practice on domestic and cross-border (concentrating mainly on Europe and Latin America) acquisitions, joint ventures and issuer securities offerings, and private equity and venture capital transactions.
Trystan regularly counsels clients in connection with their general corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, employment and shareholder agreements, and financing activities. He is frequently engaged in connection with various forms of international business transactions.
Trystan spent a year in the firm's Amsterdam office, working on different corporate and intellectual property matters, including mergers and acquisitions, and European securities.
Areas of Concentration
· Cross-border transactions
· Joint ventures and strategic alliances
· Private equity and debt offerings
· Intellectual property
Professional & Community Involvement
· Board Member, British American Business Council
· Member, American Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Member, team ranked as a top corporate law firm in Miami as selected by corporate directors, in the annual "Legal Industry Research Study," Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc. (10th year), 2002-2009, 2011-2012
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2009
· Represented Seminole Hard Rock Entertainment, Inc. in its $1.0 billion acquisition of Hard Rock International from the Rank Group, plc, and all financing and securities matters related to the acquisition, including a $525 million Rule 144A offering of high-yield notes and a syndicated bank loan.
· Represented the purchasers of the National Hockey League's Tampa Bay Lightning, including the rights to the St. Pete Times Forum, certain adjacent real property and related assets.
· Represented Mentez, LLC, the leading publisher of social network games on Brazil's Orkut and Facebook platforms, in connection with a private equity financing.
· Negotiating various syndicated loan agreements on behalf of domestic and international borrowers and lenders.
· Advised a number of European companies expanding their operations into the United States.
· Represented U.S. investors in connection with financing Latin American companies.
· Represented New York-based hedge fund in connection with gaming investments throughout the United States.
· Represented a leading packaging company with operations in Colombia, Venezuela, Mexico and the U.S. in connection with equity and debt financings.
· European mergers and acquisitions work, including the EURO 338 million merger of Getronics with Pick Roccade (the two biggest Dutch ICT service companies).
· European securities matters including the registration statement for IPO EURO 75 million 4.25% subordinated Pre-IPO Step-UP Bonds for Scarlet N.V., a full-service provider of telephony services in the Netherlands and Belgium.
· Experience with EU and U.S. Intellectual Property law, including patent and trademark registrations throughout Europe.
· Represented music division of global live-events company in multimillion-dollar deals with several internationally renowned music performers.
· Represented an international gaming and entertainment company in the acquisition of a large-scale gaming concession in Eastern Europe, and the negotiation of management and branding agreements related to the operation of the gaming facilities.
· Represented an operator of gaming facilities in multiple securities offerings and financing transactions, including a $1.25 billion syndicated bank loan, $735 million offering of notes and a $105 million private placement of notes.
· Represented issuers, underwriters and placement agents in numerous financing transactions.
· Represented both buyers and sellers in public and private merger and acquisition transactions.