Vanessa Albert Lowry focuses her practice on tax, public finance, and asset securitization matters, as well as investment and repurchase agreements.
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association, Section on Taxation
· Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Vice-Chair, Committee on Taxation
· Board Member of active community organization/urban church boards in Philadelphia
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Public Finance Law, 2013-2014
Vanessa has represented and counseled clients with regard to the following:
· Structuring complex project financings, including airport special facilities financings, using tax-exempt debt.
· Financings for 501(c)(3) organizations.
· University and college financings.
· Charter school financings.
· Structuring multi-source financings for multi-family housing.
· Program counsel to active large city single family housing program.
· Structuring refinancings using securitization trusts.
· Workouts involving tax-exempt debt both conduit and governmental.
· Structuring working capital financings.
· Refinancings to relieve cash flow issues.
· Use of swaps as hedges in public finance transactions.
· Representation of investment providers in tax-exempt debt transactions.
· Representation of issuers in connection with tax audits of complex financings by the IRS.
· Representation of issuers seeking private letter rulings for the IRS.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Featured, "Member Spotlight - Vanessa Lowry," NABL News, April 2013
· Chair, Tax Hot Topics Panel, 10th Annual Tax and Securities Law Institute, National Association of Bond Lawyers, Savannah, GA, March 2012
· Speaker, Fall Meeting, Eastern Association of College and University Business Officers, Hershey, PA, October 2011
· Faculty Member, Exempt Facilities Panel, National Association of Bond Lawyers' 9th Annual Tax and Securities Law Institute, Austin, TX, March 2011