Victor Semah represents public and private companies in a variety of corporate finance and merger and acquisition transactions. In the area of corporate finance, he has represented issuers, underwriters and placement agents in public and private equity offerings totaling approximately $750 million, including IPOs, follow-on offerings, at-the-market offerings, registered direct offerings, registered shelf offerings and PIPE offerings. In the area of mergers and acquisitions, Victor has represented public and private companies in the purchase and sale of businesses in a number of industries and with varying transaction sizes. Victor also regularly counsels public companies on SEC reporting and compliance matters.
Areas of Concentration
· Public and private offerings
· Mergers and acquisitions
· SEC reporting and compliance
Awards & Recognition
· Finalist, Daily Business Review, "Top Dealmaker of the Year - Corporate Finance Category," 2013
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Represented PROLOR Biotech, Inc. (NYSE MKT: PBTH) in a $37 million registered direct offering.
· Represented Houlihan Lokey Capital, Inc., as representative of the underwriters in a $21.6 million underwritten follow-on offering by Homeowners Choice, Inc. (Nasdaq: HCII).
· Represented Inhibitex, Inc. (formerly Nasdaq: INHX) in a $54 million overnight marketed offering; a $23 million PIPE offering; and a $20 million at-the-market offering.°
· Represented Banc of America Securities, Inc., as placement agent in a $300 million PIPE offering by Concho Resources, Inc. (NYSE: CXO).°
· Represented Bluefly, Inc. (Nasdaq: BFLY) in an equity financing with Rho Ventures.°
· Represented Portfolio Recovery Associates, Inc. in a $75 million underwritten follow-on offering.°
· Represented B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) in its $200 million initial public offering of equity securities.°
Mergers and Acquisitions
· Represented OPKO Health, Inc. (NYSE: OPK) in its acquisition of Claros Diagnostics, Inc. a private company engaged in the development and marketing of medical diagnostic devices.
· Represented Prodigy Health Group, Inc. in its acquisition of Administrative Enterprises, Inc.°
· Represented Knott Asset Management in its acquisition of the separate account and mutual fund investment management business of Knott Capital Management.°
· Represented a publicly held life sciences company in a going-private transaction.°
· Represented Datascope Corporation (formerly Nasdaq: DSCP) in its $865 million sale to Swedish healthcare equipment maker Getinge AB and prior acquisitions and dispositions, including the $202 million sale of its patient monitoring division to China-based Mindray Medical International, Inc. and the $24 million sale of its vascular closure business to St. Jude Medical, Inc.°
· Represented Apollo Health Street Limited in its acquisition of Zavata Inc. for $170 million.°
Recapitalizations and Restructurings
· Represented Steel Partners in the $300 million recapitalization of indebtedness of its portfolio company, WHX Corporation (Nasdaq: WXCO).°
· Represented a committee of bondholders in the restructuring of the outstanding indebtedness of the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians, the first known restructuring of a Native American casino debt.°
° The above representations were handled by Mr. Semah prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, P.A.