Vincent empowers clients by providing asset protection through developing their personal estate planning and business models. He advises them in efficiently acquiring, managing and distributing their assets in the most optimal and tax-proficient ways. His practice encompasses matters dealing with wealth acquisition, preservation and transfer using wills, trusts, and sophisticated estate planning techniques; asset protection methods; business formation and succession planning; elder law; probate administration; fiduciary representation; and real estate transactions, including IRC Section 1031 tax deferred exchanges. He represents individuals, couples and family-owned businesses and fiduciaries. Prior to establishing a legal practice, Vincent was involved in real estate and mortgage brokerage.
Vincent is a frequent lecturer in a variety of venues across Connecticut, presenting on topics including:
• Connecticut Land Conservation Council presentation on Estate Planning, Charitable Gift Annuities and Other Creative Financial Plans for Land Trusts
• Succession Planning - Protecting and Reaping Just Rewards
• National webinar: For Richer or For Poorer: Dodging Pitfalls with Non-Traditional Estate Planning Clients
presented to advisers throughout the U.S. on laws and estate planning matters for same-sex partners.
• Real Estate for Probate Lawyers - Connecticut Bar Association
• A Tax Dilemma in Connecticut - Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
• Fundamentals in Wills and Testamentary Trust Drafting - Greater Bridgeport Bar Association and New Haven
County Bar Association
• Taxation of the Deal - Connecticut XPO for Business
• Alzheimer's: the Silent Epidemic on Medical and Financial Powers and Conservatorships
• Don't Die with your Assets
• The Red Flag Seminar - Things You Need to Know About Your Wealth that Lawyers Don't Always Discuss
Vincent has also been interviewed for television, radio and print about same-sex marriage and estate planning, pet trusts, reverse mortgages and the elderly, and various other estate planning matters. He has also published numerous articles regarding various estate planning matters in Connecticut.
He is an Adjunct Professor of Law at Western New England University School of Law's post-juris doctor, Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree program in Estate Planning and Elder Law.
Tax Alert for Closely Held Businesses: Business Valuation Impact
By Vincent A. Liberti, Jr., 10/13/2016
Halloran & Sage's WNE School of Law Alumni Featured for Their Mentorship of fellow Graduates
“Thank you for going above and beyond the ordinary efforts in handling all of my affairs the last few years. I really appreciate it! I have the absolute trust and faith in your judgment.”
Vincent Liberti has a calm assuredness that overcomes the negative attorney stereotype and we feel confident, comfortable and well represented by him. Vincent has a knack for putting us at ease as he handles our legal situations, which he does with knowledge, skill, finesse and competent legal prowess.
-Dr. & Mrs. Bayuk
I have been represented by Attorney Vincent Liberti for nearly five years, during which time, he has successfully represented me in many legal matters. In each and every instance, I have been impressed by his responsiveness and professionalism in dealing with often complicated legal issues. Attorney Liberti is an able practitioner who skillfully and thoroughly conceptualizes potential issues and plans effective strategies which yield positive results. He has always gone the extra mile to completely familiarize himself with the pertinent aspects of my cases and thereby provided a comprehensive approach to my legal representation. I enthusiastically recommend him as a competent and accomplished attorney who consistently delivers high quality services of tremendous value.
-Dr. R.M. Anastasio
“Thanks for all your help Vincent, you did a great job!”