Vincent A. Marchetti focuses his practice on land use, zoning, permitting, land use litigation, and governmental affairs.
Mr. Marchetti is certified by The Florida Bar as a specialist in City, County, and Local Government Law, and he has advised numerous boards and authorities within local government on these issues. He also has extensive experience representing clients in residential, commercial, industrial, and mixed-use projects, including shopping centers, office buildings, planned unit developments, hotels, and public facilities in the Tampa Bay region and the State of Florida. He is experienced in land use litigation matters as well as mediation.
Mr. Marchetti is a former senior assistant county attorney for Hillsborough County, Florida. In this capacity, he represented Hillsborough County in all aspects of real estate and land development law, including comprehensive planning, developments of regional impact, development agreements, rezonings, and vested rights.
Mr. Marchetti is also experienced in sports law matters, and has worked on matters involving both a Major League Baseball spring training facility and a community stadium used by an NFL team. He is the former chairman of the Tampa Sports Authority and currently serves on its Board.
Areas of Concentration
· Land use
· Land use litigation
· Governmental affairs
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, The Florida Bar
- Environmental and Land Use Law Section
· Member, Rhode Island Bar
· Member, Hillsborough County Bar Association
· Member, Tampa Sports Authority
· Member, International Council of Shopping Centers
· Member, National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
· Member, Tampa Bay Builders Association
· Member, Real Estate Investment Council, Inc.
· Member, Florida Gulfcoast Commercial Association of Realtors
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Land Use & Zoning, 2013-2014
· Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2013
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5