- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
|University ||The George Washington University, B.A., International Affairs, 1997|
|Law School||Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia, J.D., 2001|
|Admitted||2002, Pennsylvania; 2002, U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania; 2011, U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania|
Associations & Memberships
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Vlada defends companies and individuals in complex civil litigation matters throughout Pennsylvania. He handles a variety of cases including product liability, premises liability, and professional liability claims. Vlada also has experience handling pharmaceutical malpractice, transportation liability, and class action litigation. He has provided counsel in these areas to auto manufacturers, distributors and installers of durable medical goods and accessibility equipment, and pharmacies.
Vlada regularly serves as an arbitrator in the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County.
Significant Representative Matters
• Successfully defended dealer of an asphalt compactor in a two-week products liability trial in Philadelphia County. Plaintiff sustained a severe crush injury to the leg, and the jury returned verdicts against defendants dealer and manufacturer for over $900,000. Motion for judgment as a matter of law at the end of trial on client's cross-claim for indemnity against co-defendant manufacturer on theory of pass through liability based on absence of evidence of substantial change to the product by dealer was granted.
• Represented driver of an automobile involved in a high speed collision with limited tort plaintiff. Plaintiff allegedly sustained a torn meniscus to the knee and underwent arthroscopic surgery with subsequent rehabilitative therapy. Developed evidentiary record that obtained partial summary judgment on the issue of limited tort for lack of any evidence of serious bodily impairment, which allowed for a favorable settlement to be reached.
• Defense verdict in week long products liability trial in Philadelphia County for Sharp Electronics Corporation involving a fire loss allegedly due to a Sharp microwave oven. There was no direct evidence of alleged defective condition and plaintiff proceeded on malfunction theory. Unanimous jury found plaintiff failed to eliminate all other possible causes of fire.
• "Owners of Registered but Uninsured Vehicles Beware Pennsylvania Superior Court Ruling Makes First Party Benefits Unrecoverable," Defense Digest, 2003
• Lecturer to clients on the topics of premises liability, motor vehicle law, and product liability.
Past Employment Positions
• Marks, O'Neill, O'Brien & Courtney
Associations & Memberships
• Pennsylvania Bar Association
Honors & Awards
• Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2010-2012
Year Joined Organization: 2003
|Profile Visibility |
|#2,099 in weekly profile views out of 15,803 lawyers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|#197,503 in weekly profile views out of 1,539,846 total lawyers Overall|