David Johnson joined Adams and Reese in 2000 and is a Practice Group Leader for Transactions and Corporate Advisory Services. He has extensive experience in corporate law transactions and has considerable complex large deal experience in all types of transactions for rapidly growing business entities.
His significant contributions and honors include:
· Representing clients in multiple million-dollar transactions, including hospital joint ventures, mergers of large companies that involved anti-trust issues and the establishment of LLC joint ventures, negotiating and documenting credit agreements and the closure of large loan facilities.
· Experience with many funding and financing vehicles, including equity/debt venture capital financing, public and private; mortgage and asset backed securities, multi-party lending and participation, GO and conduit bond financing and letters of credit; oil and gas related acquisitions/financings and production payment based financing.
· Representation of domestic/multi-national mergers and acquisitions as well as reorganization and domestic/international joint ventures and strategic alliances.
· Counsel for public entities on SEC regulation and reporting and public/private legal due diligence.
· Being named in Chambers USA - Corporate/Commercial Law and Best Lawyers® - Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law.
Involved in many of the firm's complex transactions, David has enjoyed the opportunity to mentor and train young lawyers. He has served in many leadership positions within the firm, including Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Team Leader, Chair of the Audit Response Committee and member of the Compensation Committee. For three years, David also served as Partner-in-Charge of the Mobile office, during which he negotiated a 10-year lease and oversaw the build-out and relocation to the RSA Tower.
Outside of his love for family and his work, David is passionate about the sport of polo. He sponsors the Broken Hill Polo Team, playing routinely with the Clearwater and Sonny Hill Polo teams based in Point Clear, Alabama. He also travels domestically and internationally as an avid spectator of the sport.
Professional Memberships / Affiliations
National Association of Bond Lawyers
National Bond Buyers (Redbook) Listed Counsel
Best Lawyers® - Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law
Chambers USA - Corporate/Commercial
Adams and Reese Moves to RSA Battle House Tower - Firm Demonstrates Commitment to Mobile and City's Continued Economic Growth, 8/29/2007
Adams and Reese Names Johnson Mobile Office Partner in Charge, 5/14/2003
Adams and Reese Names New Members of Firm Management, 8/18/2008
Bernstein, McLaren Named Practice Group Leaders in Firm's Transactions and Corporate Advisory Services Practice, 1/1/2010