W. Kent Ihrig is Chair of Shumaker's firm-wide Financial Services practice group and has substantial experience in representing financial institutions and other lenders in a wide variety of domestic and international commercial lending and related activities including corporate finance, healthcare finance, real estate acquisition/development, construction and term lending, ground lease financing, asset based lending, receivables financing, mezzanine financing, subordinated debt, utilities and regulated industries (including HMOs and FCC licensed broadcasters) financing, mortgage warehouse lending, hospitality, golf course and country club financing, liquor license financing, aircraft financing, rental car and trucking fleet financing, preferred ships mortgage financing, bank to bank lending, letters of credit, workouts and compliance issues. Additionally, Kent has been involved in the financing of several public/private projects in the Tampa Bay area as counsel to special districts, issuer's counsel, developer's counsel, underwriter's counsel and credit enhancer's counsel, including port facilities, airport improvements, and serving as counsel to a Major League Baseball club in connection with development and construction of a spring training/minor league baseball stadium and related facilities. He frequently lectures on commercial loan documentation, secured transactions, lender liability and opinion letter issues.
Kent has closed real estate lending transactions in over twenty-eight states on numerous types of properties including anchored retail shopping centers, strip centers, office buildings, medical office buildings, specialized treatment and radiology centers, industrial and warehouse facilities, hospitality properties including hotels, motels and golf course/resort properties, airport improvements, broadcast facilities, mixed use developments, subdivisions, condominium and multi-family properties. He has also had a great deal of experience in representing lenders to a wide range of business interests including the healthcare industry, the insurance industry, the restaurant industry, the hospitality industry, technology companies, waste management, the trucking industry, the car rental industry, the broadcast industry, retailers and professional sports teams.
Kent also regularly represents a number of institutional lenders in connection with structuring, negotiating and documenting asset restructures, asset recoveries and dispositions, and loan workouts, including forbearance agreements, structured settlements, deeds in lieu of foreclosure and cash collateral arrangements. He has also represented lenders in debtor in possession ("DIP") loan transactions.
Kent has served as transactional and development real estate counsel to single family and multi-family residential developers, including those developing deed restricted communities, condominiums, apartment complexes, marinas, dockominiums and rackominiums, hotel properties, shopping center developers and office building and office park developers.
Kent serves as counsel to public and private companies, equity and venture funds, and portfolio companies in connection with syndicated borrowings including revolving credit facilities, term loan A and term loan B facilities, acquisition and roll-up financings and debt offerings and placements.
RECENT REPRESENTATIVE TRANSACTIONS:
· Represented super-regional bank in connection with acquisition financing for target HMO companies.
· Represented company in services sector in syndicated revolving, term loan A and term loan B facilities, with swing line and letter of credit sub-facilities.
· Represented healthcare company in restructure of senior secured receivables line of credit and term loan, senior subordinated debt and junior subordinated debt.
· Represented company in services sector in syndicated revolving and term loan facilities, with swing line and letter of credit sub-facilities.
· Represented super-regional bank in term loan and revolving credit facilities for acquisition of veterinary practices in seven states.
· Represented super-regional bank in acquisition revolving line of credit to FCC licensed television broadcaster with broadcast operations in nine states.
· Represented money center bank in connection with term loan for commercial retail shopping center in Texas.
· Represented banks in leveraged receivables (including Medicare, Medicaid and TriCare receivables) financings for physician groups.
· Represented super-regional bank in workout and restructure of senior assisted living facility.
· Represented regional bank in working capital revolving credit facility to community bank.
· Represented community bank in term financing for senior assisted living facility.
· Lead counsel to healthcare company in syndicated roll-up financing for 28 radiation and cancer treatment facilities in eleven states.
· Represented healthcare company in equipment lease financings for radiation treatment facilities.
· Represented regional bank in extension of acquisition roll-up financing for petroleum jobber for 23 branded convenience store/service stations in South Florida.
· Represented super-regional bank in construction and mini-perm financing for a branded resort hotel and conference center.
· Represented regional bank in construction financing for ground-leased branded hotel.
· Represented regional bank in connection with financing of mini-warehouse facilities in South Florida.
· Represented financier in DIP construction loan financing on a high-rise luxury condominium project in San Diego, California.
· Represented private equity fund and acquired company in senior revolving and term loan facilities and subordinated term loan in acquisition of a healthcare company.
· Represented super-regional bank in bridge financing for HMO.
· Represented developer in a deed in lieu of foreclosure transaction involving a marina/dockominium/rackominium project.
· AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
· Best Lawyers in America, 2008 - 2014
· Florida Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine, 2007 - 2013
· Top Real Estate Lawyer in Florida by Florida Real Estate Magazine
· Florida's Best Lawyers in Florida Monthly Magazine
· Tampa Bay's Best Lawyers by Tampa Bay Magazine
·Who's Who Among Emerging Leaders in America
·Who's Who in American Law
·Who's Who in America
Professional and Community Affiliations
· The Florida Bar, Business Law (UCC Committee) and Real Property Law sections; former Chair Grievance Committee 13-F
· Virginia State Bar
· Hillsborough County Bar Association
· Tampa-Hillsborough County Chamber of Commerce, formerly served on various committees
· Downtown Corps , formerly served on various committees
· South Tampa Sticks Youth Lacrosse League, Co-Founder; Board of Directors
Banking and Financial Institutions