For over 30 years, Mike's practice has emphasized tax law, estate planning and trust and estate administration. Mike has advised individuals, business owners and investors on income and estate tax planning, state and local taxation and inbound investment planning for foreign investors. Mike has also represented individuals, businesses and estates in audits and disputes with tax authorities and has assisted clients with legislation affecting Florida tax matters.
Mike grew up in St. Petersburg, Florida. He received his B.A. from Florida State University 1973. He attended the University of Florida College of Law and received his J.D. Degree in 1976. Mike has practiced law in Orlando, Florida continuously since 1976. He also received a Master of Laws in Taxation (LL.M.) from University of Florida in 1985.
· The Florida Bar - Tax Section and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
· Orange County Bar
· American Bar Association - Tax Section and Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section
· The Florida Bar Board Certified Tax Attorney
· Central Florida Estate Planning Council - Past President and Director
· Best Lawyers of America, 2007-2013
· Best Lawyers of America, "Lawyer of the Year," Trusts and Estates, 2011
· Orlando Magazine "Best Lawyers," 2008-2010
· Florida Super Lawyers, 2007-2009
· WMFE-Channel 24, 1983-Present - Chairman of the Endowment Committee and Planning Giving Advisor and former member of the Community Advisory Board.
· City of Winter Park Firefighter's Pension Fund - Board of Trustees and Past Chairman
· Community Health Foundation of Central Florida - Board of Directors
· Florida Hospital Foundation - Board of Directors
· University of Central Florida Foundation - Board of Directors
· Senior's First - Planned Giving Committee
(Board Certified Tax Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education)