W. Michael Kelly focuses his practice primarily in the areas of project finance, structured finance, acquisition finance, transportation industry finance and institutional investing. He has worked broadly on financings in the airline, power generation, food service and sports and entertainment industries. Mike also has experience with a wide range of general corporate matters, including domestic and international joint ventures and workouts and restructurings.
Areas of Concentration
•Corporate and securities
•Institutional lending and project finance
•Structured finance and securitization
Awards & Recognition
•Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2006-2008 and 2014-2016
•Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of America's Best Corporate Law Firms, 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
•Rated, AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
AV, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
Associated News & Events
10.06.16 82 Greenberg Traurig New York Attorneys Recognized in 2016 Edition of New York Metro Super Lawyers
01.30.15 Greenberg Traurig Represents European and U.S. Investors in a Multi-Debt Platform Financing
09.24.14 65 Greenberg Traurig New York Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Edition of New York Metro Super Lawyers
05.24.13 Greenberg Traurig Receives Four International M&A Advisor Awards
06.14.12 Greenberg Traurig Transactions Named Winners of Four 2012 ACG New York Champion's Awards
09.09.09 Greenberg Traurig Represents Liberty Acquisition Holdings (International) its Purchase of UK's Pearl Group and Opal Reassurance
06.03.03 Greenberg Traurig Further Expands New York Office
and Member of Trustees, American College of Investment Counsel, 2008, 2009
•Secretary, American College of Investment Counsel, 2010, 2011 Fellow: and Member of Trustees, American College of Investment Counsel, 2008, 2009
• Secretary, American College of Investment Counsel, 2010, 2011
Awards & Recognition
• Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
• Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, New York Super Lawyers, 2006-2008
• Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
• Representation of U.S. institutional investors in the refinancing of the indebtedness of a major U.S. professional sports franchise holding company.
• Representation of U.S. institutional investors in connection with the project financing of sports and entertainment facilities in Tampa, Florida, Boston, Massachusetts, San Diego, California, Dallas, Texas, Portland, Oregon, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Phoenix, Arizona and San Francisco, California.
• Representation of institutional investors in their acquisition in successive private placements of secured and unsecured notes aggregating over $1 billion issued by financial information and services company and its affiliate.
• Representation of U.S. institutional investors in the project financing of one of the world's largest dairy processing facilities in California.
• Representation of domestic and international investors in leveraged buyouts and other acquisition finance vehicles for companies in the automotive parts, advertising, publishing, food services, bakery products, soft drink bottling, home products and coal mining industries.
• Representation of institutional investors in the acquisition financing by a major home products company of various product lines and businesses from an industry competitor.
• Representation of a major U.S. pension fund as a principal investor in a private equity fund sponsored and managed by a French bank for infrastructure investment in Asia.
• Representation of a Japanese trading company in connection with its provision of a secured revolving line of credit to a Panamanian aircraft lessor and its Panamanian and Irish subsidiaries for the acquisition of aircraft.
• Representation of a U.S. institutional investor in connection with the construction and permanent financing of a soccer stadium in the United Kingdom.
• Representation of a U.S. institutional investor in connection with the securitization of a portfolio of equipment trust certificates secured by commercial aircraft and rentals payable by a U.S. certified air carrier under leveraged leases of the aircraft.
• Representation of a major international bank and several institutional investors in the structuring and documentation of a $2.7 billion project finance investment program, and subsequent representation of the program participants in their acquisition of senior debt portions of project and structured financings in New Zealand, Australia and the United States.
• Representation of European-based forest products company in connection with its issuance of debt securities into the United States.
Member: New York State and American Bar Associations.