Chair, Corporate Department
Concentration: Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate Finance
Mr. Felton's practice focuses in the areas of corporate, LLC and securities law with an emphasis on mergers & acquisitions and financing transactions through both the public and private equity and debt markets. He represents start-up and emerging companies in many industries including high-tech, as well as a number of mature and established companies. Mr. Felton also represents issuers and underwriters in public and private offerings and counsels clients concerning corporate governance and SEC compliance issues such as Sarbanes Oxley. He has represented clients in a number of corporate reorganizations, joint ventures, and similar matters, and provides general counseling advice to a number of the firm's clients.
Professional Activities / Honors
· Selected as Best Lawyers' 2013 Woodbridge "Lawyer of the Year" in Corporate Law and as 2012 Woodbridge "Lawyer of the Year" in Mergers & Acquisitions Law.
· Listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 1994 in the Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Corporate Law and Securities/Capital Markets Law sections.
· Listed in Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business since 2003, in the Corporate/M&A practice area.
· Listed in New Jersey Super Lawyers since 2005 in the Mergers & Acquisitions category.
· Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV® Preeminent.
· Member of the Board of Directors of the New Jersey Chamber of Commerce.
· Member of the Section on Business Law of the American Bar Association.
· Former chair and continuing member of the Board of Directors of the Business Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
· Member of the Middlesex County Bar Association.
· Lecturer for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
· Research Editor for the Rutgers Law Review, 1980-81.
Publications / Articles / Presentations
· Interviewed by NJBIZ regarding the Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act, which went into effect March 18, 2013. Read the article here.
· Author, "New Jersey Adopts a New Limited Liability Company Act," Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, September 2012.
· Author, "The JOBS Act: New Opportunities for Capital-Raising," Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, April 2012.
· Author, "New Jersey Adopts Uniform Trade Secrets Act," Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, December 2011.
· Presenter, "Forming, Maintaining or Breaking Shareholder and Partnership Relationships in a Recession," Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Webinar, June 23, 2009.
· Author, Organization and Sale of Small Businesses, NJ Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
· Author, "Legal Opinions in Merger & Acquisition Transactions," New Jersey Lawyer, the Magazine, December 2002.
· Author, "Director and Officer Exculpation Statutes in a Post-Enron World" Exhibit A. Spring 2002, Vol. 6 No. 2.
· Author, "SEC Expands Exemption for Securities-Based Compensation by Private Companies," Exhibit A, Summer 1999, Vol. 3 No. 3.
· Co-author, "Year 2000 Disclosure Requirements by the SEC," Exhibit A, Spring 1999, Vol. 3 No. 2.
· Co-author, "Retirement and Compensation Planning Considerations for Nonprofit Organizations," New Jersey Lawyer, the Magazine, February 1998.
· Author, "Special New Jersey Issues In The Sale of Businesses," The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, January 1998.
· Author, "Potential Pitfalls Of Corporate Distribution," The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, October 1997.
· Author, "SEC Simplified Section 16 Compliance and Reporting Rules," New Jersey Law Journal, December 20, 1996.
· Author, "Federal and New Jersey Exemptions from Securities Registration," New Jersey Lawyer, the Magazine.
· Author, "Counseling Start-Up High Technology Companies."