Walter currently practices in the areas of premises liability, asbestos, hospitality/dram shop, product, auto, trucking & transportation and pharmaceutical matters. He has extensive experience in premises liability practice, having handled several hundred cases ranging from slip and falls to falling merchandise claims. Walter also handles matters involving insurance fraud and Special Investigation (SIU) litigation with particular emphasis on large loss fraud and medical provider fraud. He likewise has broad experience in pharmaceutical matters, representing numerous pharmacies and pharmacists in misfill and mislabel matters. In the course of his career, Walter has taken more than 50 matters to trial, including many jury trials. He has is also quite skilled in alternative dispute resolution forums such as mediations and arbitrations.
Walter is a graduate of the University of Delaware where he obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics. He received his juris doctor from The Delaware Law School of Widener University, after which he joined Marshall Dennehey. In 1991, he moved to the New Jersey office where he concentrated his practice on general liability matters. He has been a shareholder since January of 1996.
Walter initially began his career in the asbestos department where he handled hundreds of asbestos personal injury actions involving various claims of lung disease. As such, early in his career, he took numerous cases to verdict.
Walter is frequently asked by clients and industry organizations to lecture on a variety of topics concerning premises liability, automobile law and general liability matters.
•1997 Civil Motion Practice, New Jersey State Bar Association Civil Litigation for Paralegals, CISI Dram Shop, South Jersey Claims Association
• No More Pigeonholes in Premises Liability Law, New Jersey Law Journal, August 21, 2006
• New Jersey Charitable Immunity Act: Public University Exempt From Suit Even Though Judgment Would Be Paid From Public Funds, Defense Digest, 2002-09, Vol. 8, No. 3
• The Downsizing of the Collateral Source Rule, Defense Digest, 2001-12, Vol. 7, No. 6, co-author
• Then N.J. Appellate Division Clarifies Duty Owed by Commercial Tenant, Defense Digest, Vol. 3, No. 1, 1997
• The Blizzard's Backlash: A Symposium on Issues Confronting Pennsylvania and New Jersey Property Owners, (Co-author), Defense Digest, March 1996
• New Jersey Spoliation of Evidence and the Doctrine of Res Ispa Loquitur, Defense Digest, August 1995
• New Jersey Creates Recreational Sports & Leisure Activities Liability Study Commission, Defense Digest, Summer 1994
Honors & Awards
•AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
Year Joined Organization