Practice/Industry Group Overview
Walton Lantaff has a longstanding, successful Workers' Compensation / Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation defense practice. We are successful because our workers' compensation attorneys have access to the firm's vast array of resources, coupled with decades of experience, which allows us to effectively achieve beneficial claims resolution that is focused on the needs of each client.
Our attorneys represent employers, carriers and self and market-insured employers at final merits hearings, attorney’s fee hearings, mediations and on appeal. Our practice in this area also includes negotiating of workers’ compensation liens in third party cases and at equitable subrogation hearings.
The firm also handles claims under the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act, which includes litigating claims before the District Director, Administrative Law Judges and Benefits Review Board. The firm's Longshore division has years of experience handling Longshore claims from their inception through Formal Hearing before the Administrative Law Judge.
addition to the foregoing, our Worker’s Compensation Department assists our clients in the following:
- Liens - The firm is committed to the recovery of benefits by their clients, including negotiating lien settlements or, if necessary, attendance at Equitable Subrogation hearings.
- Appeals - The firm's appellate division specializes in preparing workers' compensation appeals on behalf of the employers, carriers, and servicing agents. These attorneys are actively involved in all facets of the appellate process including research, brief writing, and oral arguments before the First District Court of Appeal.
- Settlements - Walton Lantaff's workers' compensation attorneys are well qualified in preparing all types of settlements, or "washouts," ranging from the simplest to the most complex.
- Mediations - Our attorneys regularly attend both private and state mediations in order to achieve swift and efficient resolution of these types of cases.
- Medicare Set Aside Allocations – Walton Lantaff’ Medicare Set Aside Allocations (MSA) department offers a full range of services for workers' compensation claims and liability cases.