Warren S. Bloom began his legal career with Kaye Scholar in New York City in the mid-1980s specializing in the representation of lending institutions in leveraged buyouts and "going private" transactions. Upon his relocation to Florida in late 1988, Warren began to focus his practice on public finance and the representation of creditor entities in such transactions (e.g., indenture trustees, bondholders, bond purchasers and credit enhancers). Since that time, Warren represents municipal security credit holders in both new and existing distressed transactions in more than half of the United States.
Warren's experience includes active roles in bankruptcies, foreclosures and consensual restructurings of municipal transactions both in Florida and throughout the nation. His practice continues to include a substantial amount of underwriters' counsel, bond counsel, purchaser's counsel and credit enhancers' counsel roles on new transactions.
Areas of Concentration
· Municipal securities
· Municipal finance
· Leveraged lending transactions
· Workout transactions
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, Florida Bar Association
· Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
· Member, New York State Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Public Finance Law, 2007-2014
- "Lawyer of the Year," Public Finance, Orlando, 2011
· Listed, Florida Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," 2007-2009, 2011-2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2006-2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
· Listed, Orlando magazine, "The Best Lawyers in Orlando," 2010
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represented indenture trustees and bondholders in a broad range of land-based transactions.
· Represented industrial revenue bondholders in Citgo Corporation's 2005 multibillion-dollar restructuring related to SEC reporting requirements.
· Represented purchasers of the $475 million New York Industrial Development Agency liberty revenue bonds, Series 2005 (7 World Trade Center, LLC Project).
· Represented Lennar Corporation as special counsel in connection with the issuance and sale of the Redevelopment Agency of the City and County of San Francisco Community Facilities District No. 7 (Hunters Point Shipyard Phase I Improvements), which related to the development of one of the most significant parcels of land on the San Francisco Bay.
· Represented purchasers of the $9.48 million City of Atlanta, Georgia tax allocation bonds (Eastside Project), Series 2005A (AMT) and $38 million City of Atlanta, Georgia tax allocation bonds (Eastside Project), Series 2005B (NON-AMT).
· Represented the purchasers of $60 million Gulf Coast Industrial Development Authority environmental facilities revenue bonds (Microgy Holdings Project), (Renewable methane gas from cow manure).
· Represented the purchasers of $27.69 million The Harrisburg Authority (Dauphin County, Pennsylvania) University Revenue Bonds, Series A of 2007 (The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Project) and $60.225 million The Harrisburg Authority (Dauphin County, Pennsylvania) University Revenue Bonds, Series B of 2007 (The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Project).
· Represented trustees or bondholders in approximately $500 million worth of distressed land secured bond financings.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Co-Author, "Insolvency Laws Affecting the Municipal Market and the Roles of the Buy-Side Analyst in Distressed Situations," Municipal Finance Journal, Volume 31, Number 03, Fall 2010
· Co-Author, "Federal Securities Law Relating to Municipal Securities," National Federation of Municipal Analysts, June 2007
· Co-Author, "Selecting the Right Legal Counsel for Every Situation," National Federation of Municipal Analysts Annual Conference, Santa Monica, CA, May 3-5, 2006
· Co-Author, "Working with the Institutional Investor," Capital Markets Seminar for Corporate Trust Professionals, American Bankers Association, Miami, FL, April 23-25, 2006
Warren is a frequent speaker for the National Association of Local Housing Finance Authorities, National Federation of Municipal Analysts, American Banking Association, and Florida Association of Local Housing Finance Authorities.
· Speaker, "Inaugural High Yield Tax-Exempt Finance Conference," The Bond Buyer, 2001