|Contact Info||Telephone: 215.564.1700|
|University ||Villanova University, B.A., cum laude|
|Law School||Villanova University School of Law, J.D., cum laude|
|Admitted||1980, Pennsylvania; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania; U.S. Supreme Court|
WAYNE C. BUCKWALTER is a Partner in the Firm and Chair of the Wealth Preservation Group. Wayne's practice emphasizes innovative estate and business succession planning, including the creation of revocable living trusts, life insurance trusts, wills, charitable trusts and gifts, private annuity plans, qualified residence trusts and family limited partnerships. It also involves the structuring of asset ownership, life insurance and retirement plans to creatively achieve optimal income and estate tax savings. This frequently involves restructuring existing business entities, the creation of new business entities and real estate issues. Wayne's practice includes the settlement of trusts and estates including all required tax preparation and filings. In addition, he regularly advises and forms non-profits.
Wayne is a a regular seminar presenter on the topics of income, gift and estate taxation, wealth transfer and business succession planning, including planning for Marcellus Shale gas leases.
His interests include biking, catamaran sailing, golf, and a lifelong dedication to the Philadelphia Eagles. Wayne lives in Downingtown, Pennsylvania with his wife.
· Philadelphia Estate Planning Council (PEPC)
· Chester County Bar Association (CCBA) - Member; previously served as chairman of the Judicial Evaluation and the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committees
· Philadelphia Bar Association - Member; Participates in the Probate and Trust Law Section
· Chester County Bar Association - Member; Participates in the Probate and Trust Law Section
· Caron Foundation - Member of the Development Board
· Habitat for Humanity of Chester County (HFHCC) - Solicitor
· Pennsylvania Home of the Sparrow - Solicitor
· Good Works, Inc - Solicitor
· Southern Chester County Chamber of Commerce (SCCCC)
· Wayne recently received IRS approval for conversion of a private foundation, which has been in existence for 30 years, to a Public Charity, resulting in future income tax savings and in the ability to receive grants that were not otherwise available.
· Wayne recently obtained a court decision removing an administrator who had used fraud to be appointed, preventing the estate from being diverted to the lawful heirs.
· Wayne obtained IRS approval of an Offer in Compromise which resulted in the client paying 5% out of pocket of the total amount due.
Awards & Recognition
· Wayne was named a FIVE STAR Wealth Manager in the area of estate planning by Philadelphia Magazine in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
· Wayne is designated AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings provides reviews of lawyers and law firms for consumers and professionals.
· Wayne was elected as one of the 2013 Top Rated Lawyers in Trusts & Estates by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell™.
(Also at Exton Office)
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Best Options To Give Financial Help to Family and Friends
Wayne C. Buckwalter, September 23, 2013
Many people are feeling pretty pessimistic about their finances and are wondering how they're going to pay their bills. Their situation may be due to layoffs or stock market fluctuations among other things.
Inherited IRA Rules - What You Don't Know Will Cost You
Wayne C. Buckwalter, August 1, 2013
People who are named as IRA beneficiaries are often unfamiliar with the IRS rules to apply to taxable distributions following the death of the account owner. The rules differ dramatically for spouse and non spouse beneficiaries. A spouse beneficiary may simply roll over the IRA tax free into an IRA...
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#244 in weekly profile views out of 15,804 lawyers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|#19,796 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|