Wayne H. Elowe concentrates his practice on international business and complex commercial transactions, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, licensing, and technology transactions. He represents publicly traded and privately held multinational corporations, private equity funds and other investors in various industries, including information technology, media, health care, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, telecommunications, outsourcing, chemical and food.
Wayne has represented clients in more than 50 countries in Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Latin America. He has more than 20 years experience representing U.S. companies doing business in China and representing Chinese public and privately owned companies as their global counsel. Wayne also represents a number of European and Asia-based clients in connection with their transactions and strategic growth in the United States and globally.
In addition to his transactional experience, Wayne also serves in the role of outside general counsel to a number of multinational clients and is actively involved with their senior executive teams in developing and implementing strategy-concerning matters such as new business and product initiatives as well as corporate matters and litigation.
Areas of Concentration
• Cross-border mergers and acquisitions
• International joint ventures
• Strategic alliances
• Media, information technology, pharmaceuticals, and life sciences
Awards & Recognition
• Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of America's Best Corporate Law Firms, 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
• Listed, The Legal 500 United States, 2011-2012
• Named, Legal Media Group: Guide to Leading Practitioners - China, Leading Practitioner in Mergers and Acquisitions and Finance Law, 2011
• Rated, AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
AV, BV, AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
Associated News & Events
03.09.15 Greenberg Traurig Hosts Its Second MedTech Partnering Day, an Educational Program for Emerging Medical Device and Technology Companies
01.23.15 Greenberg Traurig's Life Sciences & Medical Technology Group Holds Partnering Workshop and Networking Reception in San Francisco
11.18.14 Greenberg Traurig Shareholders to Serve as Workshop Panelists for Therapeutic Area Partnerships 2014 Conference
09.28.12 Greenberg Traurig's Global Corporate & Securities Practice Expands with the Addition of Wayne H. Elowe in the Atlanta Office
Articles, Publications, & Lectures
• Quoted, 3 Tips for Navigating Corruption Rules in China, Corporate Counsel, July 6, 2015
• Quoted, APEC Leaders Endorse Two-Year Study of Asia Free Trade Block, Trade Integration, Bloomberg BNA, November 11, 2014
• Speaker, Global Outsourcing: An Overview of Best Practices and Contact Considerations, Silicon Valley Association of General Counsel's 23rd Annual All Hands Meeting, December 2011
• Author, When It's Time to Renegotiate, Outsourcing Insight, November 2010
• Author, Selecting the Form of Business Organization, International Construction Law, November 2009
• Author, Critical Success Factors in Negotiating Outsourcing Transactions, Outsourcing Insights, January 2009
• Author, Current Trends in Middle Market M&A - Do Buyers Stand a Chance? Merger Monthly, August 2005 (Also at Atlanta, Georgia Office)