Bai Wenxian started as a law professor in the newly reorganized Zhongnan College of Law in 1983, before becoming a professional lawyer in 1999. His experience as a professor included working in governmental bodies during the period 1986-1993, and working variously as Investment Project Director, Vice President, President, Chief Legal Counsel and Consortium Office Director of the National Transport Investment Corporation and the National Development Investment Corporation during the period 1993-1999. He was primarily engaged in finance, investment and project development and management.
Banking and Finance
Mr. Bai has many years of experience in corporate governance and legal affairs in China's major holding companies, and he is an expert in the laws and regulations governing finance and investment operations. He has significant experience in investment project feasibility studies, due diligence, and investment and financing project design and trouble-shooting in project investment and financing.
M&A and Restructuring
As legal counsel to some of China's major holding companies, Mr. Bai is known as an expert in the legal affairs and operational practices of large companies. He advises clients on corporate governance and operations and solutions for M&A, restructuring, internal management, and corporate operation issues, as well as human resources management and labor disputes, and economic and legal disputes.
Real Estate & Project Construction
Mr. Bai also advises on very large real estate companies and key infrastructure and construction projects, and on PRC law and regulations governing land development, housing projects and the implementation, bidding and tendering of infrastructure and construction projects, as well as project application, cooperation, transfer and implementation.
Civil Litigation & Arbitration
Mr. Bai has significant experience in litigation and arbitration procedures, judicial interpretations and judicial precedents and enforcement procedures.
Real Estate/Infrastructure/Engineering Projects
· Desheng Real Estate
· Shandong Taiwan Farmers' Venture Park
· Chinese People's Liberation Army (CPLA) TV Tower
· Represented China Construction Bank enforcement of guaranty liabilities on overdue interest of International Trust & Investment Corporation
· Represented Bank of Communications on the Enforcement regarding illegally transferred assets; advice included extensive investigations and consultations with competent authorities
· Litigation against an investment company on behalf of a major state-owned company
· Multiple labor dispute arbitration and litigation cases on behalf of a large corporation, involving mediation, settlement, arbitration and litigation
· Multiple litigation and arbitration cases on behalf of China Minsheng Banking Corporation and China Cinda Asset Management Corporation
Co-author: Overview of Civil Codes, Law Press of China; China Township Management, People's Press; Name List of CPPCC Members, CPPCC Press.