Practice/Industry Group Overview
In the past few decades, emerging technologies have revolutionized the way business is done in this country and around the world. Most companies now depend heavily on computers in the operation of their business and rely upon the Internet to support electronic means of communication and commerce. The explosive growth of the Internet and computer technologies have raised unique legal concerns for traditional businesses to consider. Furthermore, these developments have launched technology companies as a significant business sector which is in need of legal experience with regards computer and technology law .
At Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, our Computer & Related Technology Team is well-equipped to counsel companies on computer-related law matters and to assist technology-based businesses in all their legal needs.
Our Computer and Technology Law Services
Our computer lawyers are experienced and current on a wide range of legal activity including such technology areas as:
- Computer contract preparation, negotiation and review
- Intellectual property rights including copyright and trademark protections
- Website development and hosting agreements
- Website linking and framing issues
- E-commerce, electronic contracting and electronic signatures
- Internet advertising activities and co-branding agreements
- Domain name registrations and protections, including addressing cyber-squatting
- Internet and e-mail privacy and security
- Spam, spoofing, identity theft and cyber-torts
- Litigation addressing computer contracting and licensing disputes, including software performance issues
- Financing computers, system acquisitions and sales
- Technology business acquisitions and sales
- Software licensing and development and related support and maintenance
- Source code escrow agreements
- Outsourcing arrangements and agreements with information technology consultants
Our computer lawyers have represented software licensors, software developers, IT consultants, testing companies, application service providers, Internet companies, telecommunication firms, Internet service providers, website developers and hosting firms in the realm of business issues faced by their operations. We have assisted clients in all industries in addressing their needs as technology users.
Our Computer and Technology Attorneys
Because the Computer & Related Technology Team at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer closely follows developments in emerging technological fields, we are knowledgeable and can address the full spectrum of issues related to the technology business. Furthermore, we are uniquely able to counsel traditional "brick and mortar" businesses on the challenges faced by emerging technologies. We recognize that a team of legal professionals can be an invaluable business partner to the technology supplier, vendor or purchaser.