- Bankruptcy Chapter 11
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Bankruptcy Chapter 7
- Commercial Workouts
- Creditor Bankruptcy
- Debtor Bankruptcy
- Fraudulent Conveyance
- International Bankruptcy
- Out of Court Debt Restructuring
- Pre-Bankruptcy Workouts
- Commercial Liability
- Commercial Transactions
- Secured Transactions
Susquehanna University, B.Mus., Magna Cum Laude, 1980; The Ohio State University, M.A., Cum Laude, 1984
The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, 1994
Delaware State Bar Association; American Bar Association; American Bankruptcy Institute; Turnaround Management Association; Delaware Bankruptcy Inns of Court.
Wilmington, Delaware, August 12, 1958
Bill concentrates his practice on commercial bankruptcies and restructurings in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware and has represented parties-in-interest in some of the largest and most complex commercial bankruptcies in the country. Prior to starting his own firm in June 2005, Bill was a partner in the bankruptcy department of Potter Anderson & Corroon LLP, where he was instrumental in developing the firm’s commercial bankruptcy practice. Bill became a member of SULLIVAN • HAZELTINE • ALLINSON LLC in January, 2008.
Bill has experience in virtually all aspects of commercial bankruptcy practice, and has represented debtors, creditors’ committees, financial institutions, landlords, reclamation creditors, partners, members, officers and directors of bankrupt companies and state government departments. Bill also has significant experience representing defendants in preference litigation and has been counsel to several Fortune 500 companies in multi-million dollar preference actions. Bill was admitted to the Bar of the State of Delaware in 1994 and is also admitted to practice in the United State District Court for the District of Delaware and United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
• Garnet BioTherapuetics, Inc. – Bill was lead counsel for the Debtor, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, that had developed a cellular therapy with the potential to significantly improve the treatment of numerous diseases. The Bankruptcy Court confirmed Garnet’s plan of reorganization, which allowed Garnet to continue operations, within five months following the bankruptcy filing.
• Byers Electrical Construction, Inc. – Bill was lead counsel to the Creditors’ Committee and negotiated a plan of reorganization that resulted in the continued operations of the company and provided a significant recovery to unsecured creditors.
• NexPak Corporation – Bill was lead counsel for the Debtor, a manufacturer of packaging for CDs, DVDs, and video games. NexPak completed a sale of substantially all of its assets and confirmed a plan of liquidation.
• Moll Industries, Inc. – Bill was lead counsel for the Debtor, a manufacturer of plastic injection molded components of medical devices. Moll completed a successful sale of substantially all of its assets resulting in the continued operation of its manufacturing facility
Disclaimer: No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. The testimonial or endorsement does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter. Any result that the endorsed lawyer or law firm may achieve on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate that similar results can be obtained for other clients. Past success cannot be an assurance of future success because each case must be decided on its own merits. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Martindale-Hubbell® does not undertake to develop a Client Review Rating or Peer Review Rating for all firms and/or lawyers. Therefore, the fact that a firm or lawyer has not been reviewed should not be construed as unfavorable. Martindale-Hubbell accepts no responsibility for and will not be liable for the content and accuracy of the individual Reviews and the aggregated Reviews.
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com