Bill is an experienced patent and trademark attorney with a particular background in medical technology, polymers and advanced materials, and chemicals.
Bill provides counsel on all phases of patent and trademark law, through development strategy, protection, and exploitation of patent and trademark rights. His clients include start-ups, large companies such as Johnson & Johnson, medical technology manufacturers, and research institutions such as Massachusetts General Hospital.
In the area of patent rights and litigation, Bill has represented clients in federal district courts and before the International Trade Commission. He also provides opinions on new products before they hit the public market and has served as lead counsel in patent interferences and on matters connected to foreign patent opposition. Bill's patent experience includes technology areas such as oil drilling equipment, floppy disk liners, jewelry clasps, and bioimplantable polymers. Regarding trademark law, Bill has represented clients before state courts in Massachusetts and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board as well as in federal district courts.
Bill is recognized for his broad expertise, having received rankings fromSuper Lawyersin both the Corporate Counsel Edition and the Business Edition.
Recognitions & Awards
• Massachusetts Super Lawyers (2004 - 2013)
• Managing Intellectual Property: IP Stars (2013)
Professional & Community Involvement
• Member, Boston Patent Law Association
• Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
• Member, American Bar Association
• Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
• Member, Boston Bar Association
• Board of Directors, Merrimack Valley Venture Forum
• Advisory Board, The Massachusetts Medical Device Development Center (M2D2)
• Featured in Mintz Levin Nabs 3 Patent Pros for Boston Office,Law360 (04.14.2014)
• Mintz Levin Expands Renowned Intellectual Property Practice with Addition of Three New Members, (04.10.2014)