William J. Wray represents large national and international firms, as well as Las Vegas-area companies. He advises clients regarding all aspects of construction, land development and property management. He represents major parties in connection with some of Las Vegas' largest construction project litigations, including cases involving the Venetian, Bellagio, Planet Hollywood, Aladdin, Resort at Summerlin, Miracle Mile, Forum Shops, Shoppes at Palazzo, McCarran Airport expansion and UNLV Lied Library projects. He also represents commercial clients in litigation, transactional, organizational and administrative issues, including international issues.
Areas of Concentration
· Commercial litigation
· Property development and management
· International commercial matters
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Associated General Contractors, Las Vegas Chapter
· Member, CCIM, Las Vegas Chapter
· Member, Clark County Bar Association
· Member, Korean Association of Las Vegas
· Member, Las Vegas Asian Chamber of Commerce
· Member, Nevada State Bar
· Missionary, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Seoul, Korea and New York, NY
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Construction Law, 2013-2014
· Listed, VEGAS INC, "Top Lawyers," Litigation, 2013
· Listed, Nevada Business magazine, "Legal Elite: The Silver State's Top Attorneys," 2011-2012
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 4.9 out of 5
· Represented general contractors, trade contractors and other construction lien claimants, bond claimants and contract claimants in connection with multiple major Las Vegas hotel-casino projects, public works projects and other development projects through full trial and appeals.
· Instrumental in the negotiating resolution of disputes in connection with numerous Las Vegas area construction projects.
· Represented contractors in licensing and administrative matters, including matters before the Nevada State Contractors Board.
· Represented contractors in connection with Nevada state, county and local municipality public works projects, including City of Las Vegas projects, McCarran Airport projects and Clark County School District projects.
· Represented owners, design professionals, general contractors, trade contractors and suppliers in connection with construction contract negotiations, drafting, implementation, interpretation and administration.
· Represented clients' contract rights, real property rights, business ownership and management rights, and intellectual property rights in state and federal courts.
· Represented U.S.-based clients in connection with intellectual property protection in Asia.
· Represented U.S.-based clients in connection with commercial transactions in South Korea.
· Represented South Korea-based clients in connection with commercial transactions and investment opportunities in the U.S.
Some of the above representations were handled by Mr. Wray prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Panel Moderator, "Litigation - Construction Law: Contracting, Remedies and Enforcement," 21st Annual Conference of International Association of Korean Lawyers (IAKL), Korea University Law School, Seoul, South Korea, September 26-29, 2013