Bill devotes much of his practice to the defense of insurance bad faith litigation and insurance coverage matters. He is also engaged in appellate cases in the state and federal systems. Several of his appellate cases have resulted in published opinions involving various insurance coverage matters. As well, he has presented several seminars and classes concerning insurance bad faith and coverage issues.
Bill began his work as a lawyer in Houston, Texas, in 1986 where he maintained a general civil practice in his firm Bartley, Johnson & Conkin. He ultimately concentrated his practice on the then developing law of insurance bad faith.
•Ethical Claim Negotiations, CEU Institute, Parsippany, NJ, January 2014
•Insurance Bad Faith - January 2008 (among others) Insurance Coverage Issues - multiple occasions
• Growth of Mold Litigation & Insurance Agent Liability, Co-Author with Philip B. Toran, Agents of America, eBook Chapter, January 2010
• Scope of Attorney-Client Privilege in First Party Cases, seminar material for Insurance Bad Faith Claims, January 30, 2008
• Experts In Bad Faith Cases, seminar material for Insurance Bad Faith Claims, January 30, 2008
• Superior Court Limits Expert Testimony In Insurance Bad Faith Cases, Pennsylvania Law Weekly, May 29, 2000
• Expert Testimony in Insurance Bad Faith Cases Limited, Defense Digest, Apr. Vol. 6, No. 2, 2000
• Doctor's Negligent Exposure of his Sexual Perversion to Patient Does Not Constitute Professional Health Care Services & Not Covered by Professional Liability Policy, Defense Digest, Vol. 5, No. 4, 1999
• Appraising Loss Under Homeowners Insurance Policies, (co-author with Howard P. Dwoskin, Esq.), For The Defense, April 1999
• Limiting the Exhaustion of Limits Clause, Defense Digest, August 1995
Honors & Awards
•AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
Year Joined Organization
Class Action Band is Headed to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!
August 16, 2013
Class Action, the in-house rock and roll band at Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin, will perform in the final round of the 13th Annual Fortune Battle of the Corporate Bands competition, to take place September 28th at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio. After...