Will is Co-chair of the firm's Construction Law Practice Group and has represented clients in trials, arbitrations, and mediations on a variety of matters, including construction law, commercial and corporate litigation, and real estate law.
He represents and counsels individuals, small businesses, financial institutions, nonprofit institutions, and publicly traded companies. He is committed to finding efficient and practical solutions for clients by resolving disputes under difficult circumstances. With respect to construction counseling and dispute resolution, he counsels owners, lenders, general contractors, joint ventures, and subcontractors across a variety of private and public sector projects. Will has focused on delivering a variety of projects for clients in an efficient and timely manner using optimal project delivery systems.
His practice includes appearances before state and federal courts, the American Arbitration Association and other ADR providers, and local boards and commissions.
Will has been a leader in the local and national construction bar for nearly twenty years and he is currently Chair-Elect of the ABA Forum on Construction Law, the world's largest organization of construction lawyers. Will previously served on the Governing Committee (2011-13) and as chair of the Marketing Committee of the forum. Will is a member and past chair (1998 - 2000) of the Construction Law Committee of the Boston Bar Association. He has spoken, published, and chaired programs and publications for the ABA's Forum on Construction Law, the BBA, and other trade and industry organizations
He has lectured and published on a variety of topics, including techniques for direct and cross-examination of expert witnesses, electronic discovery, mediation, and numerous subjects concerning construction law. Will has written articles for such publications as the Construction Lawyer, the Boston Bar Journal, Boston Business Journal, and the San Diego Transcript. In connection with his nonprofit and community work, Will has authored op-ed pieces and editorials in the Boston Globe and Outdoors Magazine.
Will has been active in his community and in nonprofit organizations. He has been a leader in the conservation and outdoor recreation civic and nonprofit community having served on the board of directors and as past chairman (2005 - 2008) of the Appalachian Mountain Club, a 90, 000-member conservation and outdoor recreation organization. Will is current co-chair (2008 - present) of the Board of Advisors of the AMC. Will has also served as Conservation Commissioner (three years as chair) and trustee the local land trust in his home town.
Recognitions & Awards
•Best Lawyers in America: Construction Law, Litigation - Construction (2012 - 2016)
•Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Construction Litigation (2005 - 2015)
•Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
•International Who's Who of Construction Lawyers (2013-15)
•Who's Who in America
•Who's Who in American Law
•Co-author, Statute of Limitations Extended for Recordkeeping Violations, OSHA Advisory (03.31.2011)
•Co-author, Pay-If-Paid Clauses: Freedom of Contract or Protecting the Subcontractor From Itself?, The Construction Lawyer (02.2011)
•Co-author, Massachusetts Enacts Prompt Payment Legislation for Private Construction Contracts, Construction Litigation Alert (08.12.2010)
•Co-author, Don't Leave Insurance Decisions to the Last Minute, Boston Business Journal (02.2008)
•Speaker, Amendment 11-12 (Successfully amending ABA Bylaws to ease requirements for Forum Membership, ABA House of Delegates Annual Meeting, Boston, MA (08.11.2014)
•Moderator, Construction Counselling: Pulling Together for a Winning Strategy, ABA and Forum on the Construction Law, (10.19.2012)
•Speaker, Construction Pitfalls: Can Development Projects Swim in the Deep End?, The Real Estate Industry in a Recessionary Environment: Sink, Tread Water, or Swim?, Mintz Levin and ML Strategies, Boston, MA (06.22.2010)
• Seventy-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2016 Edition, (08.17.2015)
• Mintz Levin's Will Hill Elected Chair-Elect of ABA's Forum on Construction Law, (05.07.2015)
• Eighty-Five Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2014 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.17.2014)
• Sixty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2015 Edition, (08.18.2014)
• Seventy-Nine Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2013 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.21.2013)
• Sixty-Three Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2014 Edition, (08.15.2013)
• Seventy-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2012 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.22.2012)
• Sixty Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2013 Edition, (08.24.2012)
• Fifty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.21.2011)
• Forty-Three Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2012 Edition, (09.06.2011)
• Mintz Levin Attorney William M. Hill Elected to ABA Construction Forum Governing Committee, (04.19.2011)
• Forty-Nine Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.19.2010)
• Forty-Six Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.29.2008)
• William M. Hill to co-chair 2008 ABA Construction Law Conference in Chicago, (09.11.2008)
• Forty-Five Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.25.2007)