Will is Co-chair of the firm's Construction Law Practice Group and has represented clients in trials, arbitrations, and mediations on a variety of matters, including construction law, commercial and corporate litigation, and real estate law.
He represents and counsels individuals, small businesses, financial institutions, nonprofit institutions, and publicly traded companies. With respect to construction counseling and dispute resolution, he counsels owners, lenders, general contractors, and subcontractors across a variety of private and public sector projects. He is committed to finding efficient and practical solutions for clients by resolving disputes under difficult circumstances and delivering a variety of projects in an efficient and timely manner using optimal project delivery systems.
His practice includes appearances before state and federal courts, the American Arbitration Association, and local boards and commissions.
Will has been a leader in the local and national construction bar for over a decade and currently serves on the Governing Committee for the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry, the world's largest organization of construction lawyers. He has spoken, published, and chaired programs and publications for the American Bar Association's Forum on the Construction Industry, the Boston Bar Association, and other trade and industry organizations.
He has lectured and published on a variety of topics, including techniques for direct and cross-examination of expert witnesses, electronic discovery, mediation and numerous subjects concerning construction law. Will has written articles for such publications as the Construction Lawyer, Boston Business Journal, and the San Diego Transcript. In connection with his nonprofit and community work, Will has authored op-ed pieces and editorials in the Boston Globe and Outdoors Magazine.
Will has been active in his community and in non-profit organizations. He has been a leader in the conservation and outdoor recreation civic and non-profit community having served on the board and as past chairman (2005-2008) of the Appalachian Mountain Club, a 90,000-member conservation and outdoor recreation national organization.
• Eighty-Five Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2014 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, ( 10.17.2014 )
• Sixty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2015 Edition, ( 08.18.2014 )
• Seventy-Nine Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2013 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, ( 10.21.2013 )
• Sixty-Three Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2014 Edition, ( 08.15.2013 )
• Seventy-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2012 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, ( 10.22.2012 )
• Sixty Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2013 Edition, ( 08.24.2012 )
• Fifty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, ( 10.21.2011 )
• Forty-Three Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2012 Edition, ( 09.06.2011 )
• Mintz Levin Attorney William M. Hill Elected to ABA Construction Forum Governing Committee, ( 04.19.2011 )
• Forty-Nine Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, ( 10.19.2010 )
• Forty-Six Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, ( 10.29.2008 )
• William M. Hill to co-chair 2008 ABA Construction Law Conference in Chicago, ( 09.11.2008 )
• Forty-Five Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, ( 10.25.2007 )
Awards & Recognitions
•Best Lawyers in America: Construction Law, Litigation - Construction (2012 - 2015)
•Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Construction Litigation (2005 - 2014)
•Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
•International Who's Who of Construction Lawyers (2013)
•Who's Who in America
•Who's Who in American Law
• Co-author, Statute of Limitations Extended for Recordkeeping Violations, OSHA Advisory ( 03.31.2011 )
• Co-author, Pay-If-Paid Clauses: Freedom of Contract or Protecting the Subcontractor From Itself?, The Construction Lawyer ( 02.2011 )
• Co-author, Massachusetts Enacts Prompt Payment Legislation for Private Construction Contracts, Construction Litigation Alert ( 08.12.2010 )
• Co-author, Don't Leave Insurance Decisions to the Last Minute, Boston Business Journal ( 02.2008 )
• Speaker, Construction Pitfalls: Can Development Projects Swim in the Deep End?, The Real Estate Industry in a Recessionary Environment: Sink, Tread Water, or Swim?, Mintz Levin and ML Strategies, Boston, MA (06.22.2010)
• Faculty, Fundamentals of Construction Law: Learn the Basics from the Pros, American Bar Association (11.05.2009)