- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Private Equity
- Distressed Investing and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Health Care
- Mergers & Acquisitions
|Contact Info||Telephone: (212) 504-6000|
Fax: (212) 504-6666
|University ||Georgetown University, A.B., cum laude, 1988|
|Law School||Fordham University, School of Law, J.D., 1991|
|Admitted||1991, Connecticut; 1992, New York; U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York|
William Mills concentrates his practice in the area of corporate law, with emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, securities law, corporate finance and corporate governance. Bill represents clients in a wide range of complex transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, public and private securities offerings, proxy contests, spin-offs, restructurings, leveraged buyouts, tender offers, exchange offers, and joint ventures. He also represents investment banks as financial advisers on M&A and other transactions. Bill advises listed public companies in the areas of corporate governance, crisis management, executive compensation, contractual negotiations, and general regulatory compliance.
He received his A.B., cum laude, from Georgetown University and his J.D. from Fordham Law School where he was Notes and Comments Editor of the International Law Journal.
• Towers Watson's acquisition of Extend Health
• AngioDynamics' acquisitions of Navilyst Medical, Microsulis Medical, Vortex Medical and Clinical Data
• Elan Corporation's $3.25 billion sale of Tysabri rights to Biogen Idec
• U.S. Treasury's $250 billion TARP Capital Purchase Program
• Pfizer Inc.'s sale of its Capsugel business to KKR
• DPL Inc.'s merger with AES Corp.
• Pfizer Inc.'s acquisition of King Pharmaceuticals
• Bear Stearns Companies Inc. acquisition by JPMorgan Chase
• Pfizer Inc.'s acquisition of Wyeth
• Trian Fund Management in the sale of Wendy's International to Triarc Companies
• Pfizer Inc.'s $16 billion sale of its consumer health care division to Johnson & Johnson
• Xstrata Plc's sale of its Noranda aluminum division to Apollo Management
• Trian Partners' successful proxy contest with H.J. Heinz Company
• StorageTek's merger with Sun Microsystems
• Pfizer Inc.'s acquisitions of Vicuron Pharmaceuticals and Embrex Inc.
• Celanese's sale of its polyvinyl alcohol business to Sekisui Chemical
• RGIS Holdings' sale to the Blackstone Group
• Republic Bancorp Inc.'s merger with Citizens Banking Corporation
• Pfizer Inc.'s acquisition of Warner-Lambert
• U S WEST's merger with Qwest Communications
• MediaOne's merger with AT&T
• Dayton Power & Light's $850 million sale of its private equity portfolio
• Six Flags Inc.'s joint venture to acquire Dick Clark Productions Inc.
• Credit Suisse's acquisitions of Select Portfolio Servicing and Lime Financial
• Del Laboratories' sale to Kelso & Company
• Dianon Systems' sale to Laboratory Corporation of America
• Bear Stearns' acquisition of United Companies Financial Corp.
• Toys R Us, Inc.'s joint venture with Softbank Capital Partners
• Bally Total Fitness' acquisition of Crunch Fitness International
• Dianon Systems' acquisition of UroCor, Inc.
• Moore Medical Corp.'s acquisition by McKesson Corporation
• Six Flags Inc.'s sale of theme parks to Parc 7F- Operations and CNL Income Properties
• ShopRite Supermarkets' acquisition of Big V Supermarkets
• Toysrus.com's joint venture with Amazon.com
As counsel to financial advisors:
• Dell Inc.'s $24 billion going private transaction with Michael Dell and Silver Lake Partners
• Par Pharmaceutical's $1.9 billion sale to TPG
• Cytec's sale of its coating resins business to Advent International
• CVS's $27 billion merger with Caremark
• Cedar Fair's acquisition of Paramount Parks
• The Walt Disney Company's acquisition of Pixar
• Sotheby's Holdings Inc.'s recapitalization transaction with A. Alfred Taubman
• Google Inc.'s investment and strategic alliance with America Online, Inc.
• Harrahs Entertainment's acquisition of Rio Hotel & Casino, Inc.
• Symbion's acquisition by Crestview Partners
• Carreker's acquisition by Checkfree Corporation
• Shire plc's acquisition of New River Pharmaceuticals
• Primedex Health Systems merger with Radiologix, Inc.
• ADVO Inc.'s merger with Valassis Communications
• Caxton-Iseman Capital, Inc.'s acquisition of Valley National Gases Incorporated
• St. Jude Medical, Inc.'s acquisition of Advanced Neuromodulation Systems, Inc.
Securities offerings by:
• Pfizer Inc.
• Elan Corporation
• The Bear Stearns Companies Inc.
• The Dayton Power & Light Company
• Northwest Airline Corporation
• Cosi, Inc.
• Scientific Games Corporation
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Chancery Court Provides Another Lesson for a Reasonable Sale Process
Jason M. Halper,William P. Mills,Martin L. Seidel, May 2, 2014
In a recent decision, Chen v. Howard-Anderson, the Delaware Chancery Court once again questioned the reasonableness of how a board conducted the sale of a company when it permitted stockholder claims to go to trial. The decision provides yet another reminder—if one is needed—that boards...
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#732 in weekly profile views out of 88,544 lawyers in New York, New York|
|#10,150 in weekly profile views out of 1,519,763 total lawyers Overall|