Bill Wyatt is a partner in the Finance and Bankruptcy and Corporate Practice Groups in the firm's New York and San Francisco offices. He is also a member of the Asset-Based Lending Team.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Wyatt started as an associate at Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton in 1982 and became a partner in January 1990. He specializes in commercial law, real and personal property secured loan documentation, workouts and bankruptcy. Mr. Wyatt has litigation experience in both bankruptcy and state courts. He has been involved in documenting real estate secured lines of credit, construction loans, and credit enhancement for tax-exempt bond and certificate of participation transactions, aircraft leasing and lending, ship financing, rail car and other types of equipment financing transactions. He has documented both leveraged and non-leveraged leases for both aircraft and rail and facility spaces for both manufacturing and medical facilities including synthetic leases. Mr. Wyatt has also advised on swaps and other derivatives issues and transactions.
Mr. Wyatt has significant experience handling a broad range of financing transactions, including bond and note financings, public finance transactions, letters of credit and other credit enhancements, derivative products, real property secured transactions, asset-based and equipment financing transactions, equipment leasing transactions (including aircraft and rail) and project finance transactions. While his practice is focused primarily on transaction planning and documentation, he has substantial experience with loan workouts and the bankruptcy aspects of financial transactions. He has represented both institutional lenders, lessors and borrowers.
Represented domestic commercial bank in loan to aircraft lessor.
Representation of indenture trustee of certificate of participation issuance in Chapter 9 bankruptcy of the Richmond Unified School District
Representation of Wells Fargo Bank, Comerica Bank and Union Bank of California as issuers of direct-pay letters of credit to support variable rate bonds issued by the California Pollution Control Financing Authority
Representation of commercial finance company as purchaser of both taxable and tax-exempt bonds issued by the California State Community Development Authority and various city and county redevelopment authorities to finance various schools and health care facilities
Representation of Union Bank of California, as agent and lender in connection with a secured revolving mortgage warehouse facility to a leading housing tax credit syndicator
Representation of agent bank in connection with workout and restructure of a syndicated financing to a captive finance company making real estate secured development loans to national mini-storage developer
· Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
· Member, Corporation, Banking and Business Law and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections, American Bar Association
· Member, Financial Lawyer's Conference, Bankruptcy Study Group
· Breakfast With Your Finance & Bankruptcy Lawyers, October 31, 2013, Enforcement of Judgments - Between Contract Enforcement and Bankruptcy
· Breakfast With Your Finance & Bankruptcy Lawyers, April 12, 2013, Real Estate Bankruptcy Issues: Cash Collateral, the Automatic Stay, Assignments of Rent, Lease Assumption and Rejection and Plan Issues
· Lunch With Your Finance & Bankruptcy Lawyers, April 8, 2013, Real Estate Bankruptcy Issues: Cash Collateral, the Automatic Stay, Assignments of Rent, Lease Assumption and Rejection and Plan Issues
· Breakfast With Your Finance & Bankruptcy Lawyers, January 16, 2013, The Future Of Metavante And Its Impact On New Financings Supported by Hedges
(Also at San Francisco, California Office)