Will Osler practices in the areas of public and privatemergers and acquisitions, securities law, and corporate governance matters, with a particular focus on the oil and gas sector. Will has significantexperience in domestic and cross-border joint bidding and co-ownershipstructures, including partnerships and joint ventures. His corporate governanceadvisory work includes advising corporations and boards of directors withrespect to general compliance matters as well as specific issues arising out oftransactions. Will works frequently on offerings of equity and debt securities, acting for both issuers and underwriters, as well as Canadian and internationaltakeover bids, plans of arrangement, corporate reorganizations, divestituresand asset and share purchase transactions. He has represented clients inseveral of Canada's largest recent initial public offerings.
Will is recognized by Chambers Global: The World'sLeading Lawyers for Business for Corporate/M & A; the Canadian Legal LexpertDirectory for Corporate Finance & Securities; the Lexpert/Report onBusiness Special Edition - Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers; the Lexpert/Reporton Business Special Edition - Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers; Who'sWho Legal: Canada as a leading lawyer in Capital Markets; and BestLawyers in Canada as one of Canada's leading Mergers and Acquisitionslawyers.
Willis a former co-head of the firm's capital markets and mergers &acquisitions practice and was a member of the firm's partnership board from2009 to 2011. He is currently a director of the Calgary Stampede, a trustee ofthe Calgary Health Trust and a director of the Kidney Foundation of CanadaSouthern Alberta Branch.
• Bennett Jones advises Kissner Group Holdings LP on its $400, 000, 000 Notes Offering and Related Refinancing Transactions
• ATCO Ltd. in connection with the negotiation, structuring and other commercial matters relating to ATCO entering into a strategic alliance with Wipro including 10-year master service agreements governing the provision of IT services by Wipro to the ATCO Group of Companies valued at approximately $1.2 billion.
• Murphy Oil Company Ltd. in connection with its C$486 million light oil purchase from and joint venture with affiliates of Athabasca Oil Corporation.
• 2017, Chambers Canada
Ranked, Corporate/Commercial: Alberta
• 2016, The Legal 500 Canada
Recommended, Capital Markets
• 2016, Lexpert/Report on Business Special Edition - Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers
Recognized as a leading energy lawyer in Canada
• Government of Canada Approves Pacific NorthWest LNG Project
• Ontario Encourages Gender Diversity Targets for Boards
• TSX Proposes Mandated Website and Updated Equity Compensation Plan Disclosure Requirements
• Disclosure of Women on Boards and in Executive Officer Positions in Alberta
• Asset Sale Transactions - Shareholder Approval Requirements
News & Speaking Engagements
• 21 Bennett Jones Infrastructure Lawyers Canadian Leaders
• 22 Bennett Jones Lawyers in Lexpert: Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers
• Will Osler in the Financial Post on the Slowdown of Energy Deals