- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Commercial Law
- Distressed Debt & Claims Trading
- Bondholder & Trustee Representation / Distressed Debt
- Foreclosures, Workouts & Restructurings
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Other Transactions
- Health Care
- Energy & Clean Technology
- Real Estate
- Sports, Arts & Entertainment
- Technology, Communications & Media
|Contact Info||Telephone: 617.348.1665|
Internet: Each Attorney's Internet Address takes the following form: first initial, last name @mintz.com (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
|University ||Wesleyan University, B.A., 1981|
|Law School||Boston University, J.D., 1985|
|Admitted||1985, Massachusetts; United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit; United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit; United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit; United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts; United States Supreme Court|
|Memberships ||Boston Bar Association (Member and past chair, Law Section); Massachusetts Bar Association; American Bar Association. |
Bill's practice focuses primarily on commercial law, workouts, and corporate reorganization. He has represented various institutional lenders, indenture trustees, bondholders, and other creditors, debtors, and trustees in all manner of insolvency proceedings in courts throughout the United States.
His industry experience encompasses municipalities, airlines, hospitals and other health care facilities, retail, telecom, energy and clean tech, waste disposal, military housing, hotels, and educational institutions.
He has substantial experience in all phases of bankruptcy litigation, practice, and case management from both the debtor's and creditor's perspective, including relief from stay, adequate protection, valuation, preference, fraudulent transfer, subordination, competing plan, and appellate litigation. One of his specialty areas is in negotiating sales of troubled companies and assets, both in and out of bankruptcy. His practice also includes addressing bankruptcy and documentation issues in securitizations, receivable sales, bond transactions, and structured financings generally.
Bill is also experienced in the growing area of municipal bankruptcies, and recently was quoted in stories in the Wall Street Journal, The Deal, Bloomberg, Law360, and Dow Jones Daily Bankruptcy Review.
He is active in the American Bankruptcy Institute and the Turnaround Management Association and frequently lectures and writes on insolvency issues in front of these groups and numerous other bar, trade, and industry groups, including the National Federation of Municipal Analysts and the Association of Insolvency Accountants. He served as an editor-in-chief of the American Bankruptcy Institute Health Care Insolvency Manual and served as co-chair of the American Bankruptcy Institute's Health Care Insolvency Section.
Recognitions & Awards
· Best Lawyers in America: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation - Bankruptcy (2006 - 2014)
· Chambers USA: Massachusetts - Bankruptcy/Restructuring (2005 - 2013)
· Recommended as a leading lawyer by The Legal 500 United States for Finance: Municipal Bankruptcy (2013)
· The International Who's Who of Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyers
· Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights (2005 - 2012)
· Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
Professional & Community Involvement
· American College of Bankruptcy (Fellow)
· Member, American Bar Association Banking and Commercial Law Section
· Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
· Member and past chair, Boston Bar Association Bankruptcy Law Section
· Past co-chair, American Bankruptcy Institute Health Care Insolvency Section
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,855 in weekly profile views out of 19,338 lawyers in Boston, Massachusetts|
|#131,925 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|