Practice/Industry Group Overview
For entrepreneurs and businesses of any kind who have developed brands, safeguarding and managing that brand is a crucial aspect of the business. It prevents others from using the intellectual property involved, and vitally develops the optimal value of the brand. We work with management to integrate brand and culture within a business so as to make it a key metric of the managing executive’s performance.
Our brands practice has been advising some of the world’s best known luxury and consumer brands for more than 20 years and have developed in-depth sector knowledge in Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Asia and the US.
We work with our clients on all aspects of brand protection and development. They may be concerned about market rates for royalties in a particular market sector, the best ways to combat product counterfeiting, or how to go about raising investment capital.
Brand reputation is extremely fragile. When it is jeopardized, we can help by taking pre-emptive action to avoid the publication or broadcast of damaging stories, as well as by achieving suitable compensation and public redress.
Our wide-ranging client list includes, among many others, celebrity designers such as Sienna Miller and Jade Jagger, fashion companies such as Matthew Williamson and numerous Formula One race sponsors.
- Advising leading US home textile manufacturer, CHF Industries, on license arrangements with multiple fashion brands.
- Advising group led by John Frieda and Gail Federici on agreements to launch new international makeup brand.
- Review licensing agreements and provide brand expansion advice on behalf of an internationally-recognized jazz musician in the launch of an entertainment-based brand, featuring lounge clubs to be sited in key jazz venues around the world and branded food products and merchandise bearing the legendary name and associated trademarks.
- Advising one of the world's top five most recognizable brands on its innovative sponsorship, co-marketing and global technology agreement with a Formula One team. This was a first in this area, and is an example of the trend towards brand collaboration.
- Advising Sienna and Savanna Miller on the launch of the Twenty8Twelve brand.
- Advising Philip Treacy on a hotel design consultancy.
- Advising on Matthew Williamson’s flagship stores in Bruton Street, London and Madison Avenue, New York.
- Advising Julien Macdonald on his appointment as creative director of Givenchy.
- Advising on the investment by Mitsui into Eley Kishimoto.