Practice/Industry Group Overview
In keeping with out commitment to provide a full range of services to our clients, Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP has a comprehensive real estate practice, which encompasses representation of clients in the acquisition, sale, financing, leasing, development, restructuring, syndication and management of commercial and residential properties throughout the United States. In addition, we have one of the largest practices in the New York Metropolitan area, representing cooperative corporations, and condominium associations. The Firm also has a comprehensive litigation practice that covers all facets of real estate matters ranging from landlord/tenant matters to construction litigation. Our comprehensive knowledge of the real estate industry is coupled with a solid understanding of the complex laws that affect it, and, in particular, the Federal, State, and City income tax consequences associated with the acquisition, operation and disposition of real property. Over the past 20 years, members of the Firm have been involved in virtually every type of real estate transaction, such as:
- $465 Million financing and reconstruction of one of the largest housing cooperatives in the United States;
- $230 Million financing and reconstruction of the Parkchester North and South Condominiums;
- Representation of the tenant association in connection with the conversion to condominium ownership of the 1,250 unit Rupert Yorkville Towers, and later handled the closing of over 300 apartments during a six week period;
- Representation of developers of some of New York's most prestigious and successful condominium conversions;
- Representation of property owners in connection with multi-million dollar loan workouts;
- Purchase and sale of shopping centers and office buildings throughout the United States;
- Representation of landlords and tenants in retail and office leasing transactions;
- Representation of over 250 cooperative corporations and condominium associations, ranging in size from four units to 15,000 units;
- Representation of both Boards and Shareholders/Unit Owners in proxy fights to maintain or gain control of Boards of cooperatives and condominium associations;
- Negotiation of joint venture and LLC agreements and mergers and acquisitions relating to real estate.
- Representation of Mitchell Lama cooperatives in the operation of their properties and their relationships with their supervising agencies; and
- Representation of owners and tenant associations in connection with the dissolution of Mitchell Lama housing companies.