Won-Joon Kouh practices in the area of intellectual property law and concentrates his practice in the areas of patent prosecution, patent portfolio development, validity and noninfringement opinions, patent portfolio due diligence and patent litigation support. His patent experience covers various electro-mechanical, mechanical and materials-related technologies, such as organic photovoltaic devices, organic light emitting devices, medical implant devices, surgical devices, electronic packaging, building materials products, refractory materials, 3-D and 2-D laser scanners, radars, semiconductor device fabrication processes, medical imaging technologies, telecommunication technologies, computer software, etc.
Mr. Kouh is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey. Mr. Kouh speaks conversational Korean.
Mr. Kouh acquired several years of industry experience while employed at IBM Corp. where his responsibilities included reliability test engineering and management involving various electronics packaging technologies such as multilayer ceramic carriers for semiconductor chips.
He is a 1999 cum laude graduate of Brooklyn Law School, where he was a member of the Journal of Law and Policy, and a graduate of Columbia University School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (B.S., metallurgical engineering and materials science).
· Counsel to a heavy manufacturing company in a patent infringement litigation relating to cement clinker cooling equipment.
· Counsel to a medical device company in a patent infringement litigation relating to orthopedic bone plates.
· Counsel to a medical device company in a patent infringement litigation relating to resorbable bone screws.
· Counsel to a magnet manufacturer in a patent infringement litigation relating to high-performance rare earth magnets.
· Counsel to a consumer products company in a patent infringement litigation relating to disposable lighters.
· Counsel to an online retail service company in a patent infringement litigation relating to an online business method.
· Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2008-present
- Associate, 2003-2007
· Pennie & Edmonds LLP, New York, New York
- Associate, 1999-2003
· International Business Machines Corporation, Hopewell Junction, New York
- Engineer/Manager, 1985-1996
· Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey
Civic and Charitable Activities
· Korean Community Center of Princeton, Founding Member