Yvan Morin is a partner in the Ottawa office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP. Yvan's practice encompasses the full range of corporate and commercial law. He specializes in mergers and acquisitions, banking and lending, and insolvency and restructuring. Yvan has worked with all the major banks and other financial institutions in Canada, in addition to financing companies, trustees in bankruptcy and corporate clients. He also has particular industry experience in the elder care sector including seniors housing and long-term care. Yvan practises in both official languages.
· Acted for major investors in the seniors housing sector in connection with their multiple acquisitions across Canada, together with their financing and their operation.
· Acted for a bank in a $225-million financing to a major Canadian not-for-profit institution.
· Acted for a bank in the syndicated $57.5-million financing of an auto parts retail stores and repair facilities chain in Ontario and Quebec.
· Acted for a credit union in a leveraged buyout financing of a major electrical contractor with multiple businesses.
· Acted for a municipal investment fund that lends money to finance projects of municipal governments and other public and private sector partners designed to improve air, water and soil quality, and to protect the climate.
Rankings & Recognitions
· Martindale-Hubbell® BV® Distinguished™ 4.4 out of 5 Peer Review Rated.
· Member, Canadian Bar Association
· Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
· Past Lecturer, Bar Admission Course Insolvency Section
· Past Lecturer, Business Law and Contracts, University of Ottawa
· Past Vice-Chairman of the Board and Chairman of the Executive Committee, Sisters of Charity Health Service