- General Employment Litigation
- Non-Competes and Protection Against Unfair Competition
|University ||Samford University, B.S., Business Administration, magna cum laude, 1991|
|Law School||University of Alabama, J.D., cum laude, 1997|
|Admitted||1997, Alabama - M.D. Ala.; 1997, Alabama - N.D. Ala.; 1997, Alabama - S.D. Ala.; 1997, 11th Circuit Court of Appeals; 1997, Alabama; 2011, Florida - N.D. Fla.; 2005, Nevada (inactive); 2005, Nevada - D. Nev.; 2006, Texas (inactive); 2008, Tennessee; 2001, U.S. Court of Federal Claims|
Professional Associations and Activities
•Alabama State Bar
•American Bar Association
•Birmingham Bar Association
Yvonne N. Maddalena is Of Counsel in the Birmingham, Alabama, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. Her practice is concentrated in litigation and litigation avoidance, particularly harassment, discrimination, retaliatory discharge and non-compete and non-disclosure matters.
Ms. Maddalena has practiced all aspects of litigation in state and federal courts on the trial and appellate levels. Prior to joining Jackson Lewis, she obtained broad experience in the areas of commercial and consumer finance, banking, utility, insurance litigation and insurance coverage disputes, as well as general litigation matters.
Ms. Maddalena has written and co-authored numerous articles for a variety of legal publications.
Honors and Recognitions
•Recognized by AVVO as one of the Women Leaders of the Birmingham Bar (2015) Yvonne N.
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
•Birmingham Volunteer Lawyers Program
• Social Media and Employers: New Avenues for Liability, Birmingham Bar Bulletin (June 2010) [Author]
• The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act: What To Know When Your Client Is Reducing Its Work Force, Birmingham Bar Bulletin (December 2009) [Author]
• Supreme Court Raises Bar For Disparate Impact Cases, Birmingham Bar Bulletin (September 2009) [Author]
• Documents Reviewed By A Deponent: Protected Or Not? Birmingham Bar Bulletin (December 2008) [Author]
• FINRA Rule 2821: Upcoming Securities Regulation, Birmingham Bar Bulletin (March 2008) [Author]
• Review of Metadata: Is It Ethical? Birmingham Bar Bulletin (September 2007) [Author]
• The Holdings and Implications of Massachusetts v EPA, Birmingham Bar Bulletin ( June 2007) [Author]
• Punitive Damages: Waived By Contract, Birmingham Bar Bulletin (March 2007) [Author]
• Cyber-Jurisdiction: When Does Use of the Internet Establish Personal Jurisdiction? Alabama Lawyer ( January 2002) [Co-Author]
• ACPA and UDRP: Bug Repellant, Birmingham Bar Bulletin (December 2000) [Co-Author]
• Mental Anguish Damages: An Overview of Alabama Law, Birmingham Bar Bulletin (September 2000) [Co-Author]
July 3, 2014
New Alabama Law Allows Expungement of Certain Criminal Records
July 3, 2014
A new law in Alabama allows individuals to petition to have certain criminal records expunged upon the payment of $300 in fees, plus court costs, and following a successful petition to the court in which the relevant charge was filed. This means that, among other things, a prospective employee would not be required to disclose on an...
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#653 in weekly profile views out of 6,393 lawyers in Birmingham, Alabama|
|#108,404 in weekly profile views out of 1,714,667 total lawyers Overall|