David C. Slough practices with the firm's real estate and litigation practice groups and handles cases involving:
· Acquisition and development of all types of residential and commercial properties
· Resort and recreational development and planning
· Registration with HUD under the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act
· Developing appropriate covenants, conditions, restriction and easements for residential, commercial and mixed-use planned unit developments
· Contract disputes regarding the sale and purchase of real property, including claims of fraud and negligent misrepresentation, and specific performance
· Disputes regarding the interpretation and effect of restrictive covenants
· Commercial lease disputes
· Boundary disputes
· Mechanics' liens
· Multi-party and complex construction-related litigation in state and federal courts
· Mediation and arbitration proceedings
· Products Liability
Mr. Slough also has significant trial experience in complex tort, construction and contract litigation.
Slough earned his undergraduate degree from the University of South Carolina and his law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law. During law school, he served as an amendment clerk in the State Senate and went on to clerk for the Honorable Don S. Rushing, Resident Judge of the Sixth Judicial Circuit for South Carolina.
"As economy booms and travel rules ease, Myrtle Beach area leaders look to China as international tourism market"
Nexsen Pruet attorney David Slough talks to Myrtle Beach's The Sun News about the importance of China to Horry County's tourism growth.
"Freestyle Music Park may get a new ticket to ride"
Attorneys David Slough and Franklin Daniels talk to The Sun News about efforts to reopen Freestyle Music Park in Myrtle Beach.
"Ex-Myrtle Beach mayor tagged as Elmer Fudd"
The December 7th, 2009 edition of Myrtle Beach's The Sun News features an article entitled "Ex-Myrtle Beach mayor tagged as Elmer Fudd." Nexsen Pruet attorneys represented the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce in a lawsuit after someone posted "false and defamatory information" on a website.
"Myrtle Beach Area Chamber presses 'Fudd' case"
An article in The Sun News entitled "Myrtle Beach Area Chamber presses 'Fudd' case" details the latest developments in a lawsuit brought by the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce.
Nexsen Pruet Creates Distressed Property and Workout Practice Group
The new group will provide clients with resources, skills and experience to help navigate issues that emerge during periods of economic and financial uncertainty.
Nexsen Pruet Moves to The Market Common in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, SC - Nexsen Pruet announced that the law firm has moved its Myrtle Beach office into a new building at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach.
David Slough Joins Nexsen Pruet's Real Estate Group
David C. Slough has joined Nexsen Pruet's Myrtle Beach office, where he will serve as Special Counsel with the firm's real estate group.
The Carolinas Insurance Litigation Review
This issue of the Carolinas Insurance Litigation Review includes:
- "Challenging Policyholder Claims for Bad Faith and Punitive Damages" for North Carolina
- "Combating Policyholder Bad Faith and Breach of the Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing Claims" for South Carolina
Civic & Professional Memberships
· South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association
· University of South Carolina Alumni Association