Home > Legal Library > Article

Work Permit and Visa Required for All Short-Term Employment Stays

Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen Loewy LLP - New York Office

August 15, 2014

Previously published on August 14, 2014

All non-EU nationals seeking to work in Hungary for up to 90 days require both a work permit and a type D visa, according to recent clarifications from immigration authorities. Even individuals who would typically be visa exempt for short-term visits based on their nationality are subject to the type D visa requirement.

The work permit must be obtained before the visa application can be submitted.

What This Means for Employers

Meeting the type D visa requirement will add to the preparation time required for affected employees to engage in short-term work stays in Hungary.


The views expressed in this document are solely the views of the author and not Martindale-Hubbell. This document is intended for informational purposes only and is not legal advice or a substitute for consultation with a licensed legal professional in a particular case or circumstance.

View More Library Documents By...

Practice Area
Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen Loewy LLP Overview