John Mabe practices in the firm's Construction Group.
His primary focus is in the construction industry as he represents owners, design professionals, general contractors and subcontractors across the Triangle region and state. He also handles matters related to real estate dispute resolution and commercial law, and is a certified mediator.
Real estate litigation representative experience
· Contract disputes
· Land use issues
· Public-private partnerships
· Administrative reviews and appeals
· Lease negotiation and litigation
· Title disputes
Commercial law representative experience
· Business break-ups
· Insurance amd suretyship
· Wholesale/retail finance
· Distribution agreements
· Bankruptcy litigation
· Negotiable instruments
· General civil litigation
Mr. Mabe earned his undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill as a Morehead Scholar and his law degree from the University of North Carolina Law School.
· Best Lawyers in America, Construction Law from 2003-2010 & Construction Law Litigation for 2011
· Business North Carolina's "Legal Elite" for 2009, 2011, 2012
· Listed in North Carolina "Super Lawyers" from 2006-2011
77 Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named to the 2014 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce that 77 attorneys have been named to Best Lawyers in America for 2014.
Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Recognized by N.C. Peers; 14 Named to 2013 Super Lawyers® Lists
Fourteen Nexsen Pruet attorneys have been named "Super Lawyers" in North Carolina.
Seven Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Honored as North Carolina's "Legal Elite"
Attorneys Charlie Carter, Harper Heckman, Ben Kahn, John Mabe, David Senter and William Wilcox have all been neamed to Business North Carolina's list of "Legal Elite" for 2013.
Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named to the 2013 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
Nexsen Pruet attorneys have been named to the Best Lawyers in America® list for 2013.
North Carolina Attorneys Honored as "Legal Elite"
Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce that eight of its attorneys have been named to Business North Carolina magazine's "Legal Elite" list for 2012.
62 Attorneys Named to the 2012 Edition of Best Lawyers®
Nexsen Pruet is proud to announce that 62 of its attorneys have been named to the 2012 edition of Best Lawyers®.
Nexsen Pruet Expands Raleigh Office; John Mabe Joins Construction Group
He represents developers, owners, financers, design professionals, general contractors and subcontractors. He also litigates, mediates and arbitrates real estate and commercial matters.
Changes Taking Effect to North Carolina Lien and Bond Laws
The rules are changing when it comes to North Carolina lien and bond laws. And the new provisions are substantially altering the way in which all parties involved in lien rights -from owners, buyers, and sellers to general contractors, subcontractors, lenders, and title companies - handle construction, sales, and lending for residential and commercial properties.
Construction Law Alert: North Carolina to Enforce Attorney Fees Clauses
Construction law attorney, John Mabe, shares insight on the change in North Carolina Legislature regarding contractual provisions calling for the payment of attorney fees not being enforceable in court or arbitration.
Construction Law Breakfast Briefing - Advanced Lien & Bond Law: What You Need to Know When it Matters
Civic & Professional Memberships
· American Bar Association
· North Carolina Bar Association - Past member of Board of Governors; Business Section; Past chair of Construction Law Section; Litigation Section
· Wake County Bar Association and Tenth Judicial District Bar - Past President; Board of Directors
· Triangle Access to Justice Campaign - Co-chair; past officer and director of local and state legal aid agencies
· Wake County Citizens Facilities Advisory Committee - Co-Chair
· Wake Education Partnership - Board of Trustees
· North Carolina Supreme Court Historical Society - Trustee
· Christ Episcopal Church - Vestry
· City of Raleigh Arts Commission - Past Chair