- ITC Institutes Investigation (337-TA-804) Regarding Certain LED Photographic Lighting Devices
- September 12, 2011 | Author: Alexander E. Gasser
- Law Firm: Oblon, Spivak, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt, L.L.P. - Alexandria Office
On August 31, 2011, the U.S. International Trade Commission issued a press release announcing that it voted to institute an investigation of Certain LED Photographic Lighting Devices and Components Thereof (Inv. No. 337-TA-804).
The investigation is based on an August 3, 2011 complaint filed on behalf of Litepanels, Ltd. of the United Kingdom and Litepanels, Inc. of Van Nuys, California. Supplements to the August 3, 2011 complaint were filed August 24, and August 25, 2011. The complaint and supplemental papers allege violation of Section 337 through the unlawful import into the U.S., sale for importation, and/or sale within the U.S. after importation of certain LED photographic lighting devices and components thereof that infringe one or more claims of U.S. Patent Nos. 7,972,022; 7,510,290; 7,429,117; 7,318,652; and U.S. Patent No. 6,948,823.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the ITC has identified the following entities as respondents in this investigation:
- FloLight, LLC of Campbell, California
- Prompter People, Inc. of Campbell, California
- IKAN Corporation of Houston, Texas
- Advanced Business Computer Services, LLC of Reno, Nevada
- Elation Lighting, Inc. of Los Angeles, California
- Fotodiox Inc. of Waukegan, Illinois
- Fuzhou F&V Photographic Equipment Co., Ltd. of China
- Yuyao Lishuai Photo-Facility Co., Ltd. of China
- Yuyao Fotodiox Photo Equipment Co., Ltd. of China
- Shantou Nanguang Photographic Equipment Co., Ltd. of China
- Visio Light, Inc. of Taiwan
- Tianjin Wuqing Huanyu Film and TV Equipment Factory of China
- Stellar Lighting Systems of Los Angeles, California
- Yuyao Lily Collection Co., Ltd. of China
In addition, acting Chief ALJ Charles E. Bullock issued a notice indicating that Theodore R. Essex will be the presiding Administrative Law Judge in this investigation.