Gene D. Robinson III, Esquire. has been practicing law in Virginia since 2007. Prior to establishing his own law practice in Arlington, he worked as an associate attorney at Ritzert & Leyton, P.C. in Fairfax, Virginia. Gene is a Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP)® practitioner and worked as a trust officer and wealth management advisor before going to law school. He is a 2007 graduate of the University of Florida, Levin College of Law, where he was the Managing Editor of the Florida Journal of International Law. He worked as a summer associate for Fowler White Burnett, P.A., in Miami, Florida and Time Warner, Inc., in New York City. Gene received an Executive Certificate in Financial Planning from Georgetown University in 2003 and a Bachelor of Science in Speech Communication from James Madison University in 1999. Gene is a proud native of the Shenandoah Valley, Virginia where he served as an infantrymen for six years in the Harrisonburg Company of the 29th Light Infantry Division of the Virginia Army National Guard.
Licenses & Certifications:
• Licensed to practice law in Virginia & District of Columbia
• Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP)®
• Accredited Attorney, U.S. Dept. of Veteran's Affair
Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
• Executive Certificate, Financial Planning - 2004
Honors and Awards
• Super Lawyers: Rising Star, peer review vote, 2014, Virginia, an honor received by fewer than 2.5% of attorneys in Virginia.
• Super Lawyers: Rising Star, peer review vote, 2015, Virginia, an honor received by fewer than 2.5% of attorneys in Virginia.
• Super Lawyers: Rising Star, peer review vote, 2015, District of Columbia, an honor received by fewer than 2.5% of attorneys in the District of Columbia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
• Virginia Bar Association, Member
• District of Columbia Bar, Member
• Co-Chair Arlington County Bar Association, Elder Law Section
• Fairfax County Bar Association, Member
• Arlington County Bar Association, Member
• National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
• Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
• Northern Virginia Estate Planning Council, Member
• Arlington County Bar Association, Trust & Estates Section, Member
• The Arlington County Commission on Long Term Care Residences, Former Member
• The Arlington County Steering Committee for Services to Older Persons, Member
• The Executive Committee for the Arlington County Alliance for Arlington Senior Programs, Former Member
• Northern Virginia Financial Planning Association, Member• Virginia Hospital Center Legacy Planning Committee, Membe
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.