• Advised gas utility companies on issues related to the remediation of former manufactured gas plant sites, including litigation and negotiations amongst CERCLA PRP groups and government agencies
• Negotiated environmental terms and counseled clients in relation to real estate transactions involving Georgia's brownfields program
• Oversaw the environmental due diligence process and drafted and negotiated environmental terms for mergers and acquisitions and credit transactions on behalf of numerous companies, including several in the Fortune 50, and five large national banks, including for example, the multibillion dollar merger between Allied Waste Industries, Inc. and Republic Services, Inc., and multibillion dollar acquisitions involving railroad and dry cleaner properties throughout the United States and Canada
• Advised numerous companies with respect to permitting and compliance issues, including those arising under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), Clean Water Act, CERCLA, RCRA, Clean Air Act (including Title V), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Emergency Planning & Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA), OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard (HCS), the DOT's Hazardous Materials regulations, state property transfer acts, and environmental health and safety regulations
• Advised several companies with respect to penalty mitigation and elimination through voluntary disclosure.
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.