Robert A. King focuses his intellectual property law practice on patent portfolio management, patent prosecution, and intellectual property licensing. Bob counsels clients in patent prosecution, avoidance of the patent rights of others, patent litigation, and brand protection. Bob has a background as an electrical engineer, as well as wide-ranging experience with a variety of technologies, including computer hardware and software, blockchain technology, fintech systems, mechanical devices, and medical devices. He also represents clients in patent litigation involving software, electronics, semiconductor, and medical device technology.
Bob has represented clients before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in the areas of banking technology, payment devices and systems, microprocessor architecture, software applications, internet applications, storage systems, digital signal processing, digital cryptography, digital watermarking technology, wireless communications, and medical devices.
Prior to practicing law, Bob was an officer in the U.S. Army.
• Patent prosecution
• Patent portfolio management
• Patent litigation
• Trademark proceedings
• Brand protection: trademark, copyright, and marking
• Represented clients in patent prosecution matters before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.°
• Advised clients on intellectual property matters in mergers and acquisitions.°
• Negotiated settlements in patent infringement disputes.°
• Represented clients in both ex parte and inter partes reexaminations before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.°
• Advised clients in avoiding and respecting the patent rights of others, including patent opinions and design-around efforts.°
• Conducted due diligence investigations of intellectual property relating to corporate acquisitions.°
• Developed custom patent prosecution strategies and programs commensurate with client needs.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. King prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
• Captain, U.S. Army, 1991-1995
Recognition & Leadership
Professional & Community Involvement• Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.