- 2014 Automotive Industry Predictions - How Did We Do?
- October 30, 2014 | Author: Jeffrey A. Soble
- Law Firm: Foley & Lardner LLP - Chicago Office
At the beginning of this year, the Dashboard Insights team made some predictions about issues suppliers would face in 2014. In fact, we even dedicated an entire white paper to the subject. Our thoughts were that suppliers would see a variety of legal issues this year, including:
- Issues relating to the U.S. Department of Justice and their aggressive criminal antitrust investigation of the auto parts industry
- Warranty litigation (we wrote a white paper on that too)
- NHTSA’s enhancements to the recall process
- Data security and privacy - how would you protect the confidential and sensitive information you maintain?
- Finding qualified employees to move your business forward into the next generation of manufacturing
- Patent troll litigation
We want to know - how did we do? Were our predictions correct? Did your business face any or all of these issues this year? Let us know in the comments section below.
We’ll be looking into our crystal ball for 2015 and will be publishing those predictions soon, stay tuned...