- CFPB Announces New Senior Management and Advisory Board and Council Members
- September 5, 2014 | Authors: Peter L. Cockrell; Brett M. Kitt; Gil Rudolph; J. Scott Sheehan
- Law Firms: Greenberg Traurig, LLP - McLean Office ; Greenberg Traurig, LLP - Washington Office ; Greenberg Traurig, LLP - Houston Office
On August 28th, the CFPB announced the addition of several new leaders within the CFPB:
- Patricia McClung was added as Assistant Director for Mortgage Markets. Prior to joining the CFPB, Ms. McClung worked at Federal Housing Administration as a senior housing policy advisor.
- Janneke Ratcliffe was added as Assistant Director for Financial Education. Prior to joining the CFPB, Ms. Ratcliffe served as Executive Director at the Center for Community Capital, at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Will Wade-Gery was added as the Assistant Director for Card and Payments Markets. Mr. Wade-Gery had already been serving in the same position as the acting Assistant Director.
The CFPB also announced the appointment of new consumer finance experts from outside the federal government to the CFPB's Consumer Advisory Board, Community Bank Advisory Council and Credit Union Advisory Council. The Consumer Advisory Board is charged with advising and consulting the CFPB's director on a variety of consumer financial issues. The two advisory councils also advise and consult the CFPB on consumer financial issues related specifically to community banks and credit unions. The new members to the Board will serve three-year terms and new members to the advisory councils will serve two-year terms.