•Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge, Board Member
In the News
•Butler Snow Ranked as Top 10 Bond Counsel Firm for First Half of 2017
•Butler Snow Public Finance, Tax Incentives and Credit Markets Group Launches PFI Blog
Papers, Presentations, & Publications
• Financing Smart Growth for the Development of Walkable, Mixed-Use Communities with Green Infrastructure and Multi-Modal Transportation Options , Speaker and Presenter, Urban Land Institute and University of New Orleans, Department of Planning and Urban Studies Workshop, Regional Planning Commission for the Parishes of Orleans, Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa and Jefferson, New Orleans, Louisiana, August 6, 2015.
• Fundamentals of Redevelopment: Challenging Projects, Diverse Communities, Creative Tax Credit Solutions , Speaker and Presenter on Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credits, New Markets Tax Credits, Federally Insured Mortgage Loans and Other Incentives for Redevelopment, Mississippi Municipal League 83rd Annual Conference, Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center, Biloxi, Mississippi, June 23, 2014.
• Enhancing Open Space in Downtown New Orleans: Visions of a Greener District , Technical Assistance Panel Member, Urban Land Institute and New Orleans Downtown Development District Technical Assistance Panel, New Orleans, Louisiana, March 20 and 21, 2014.
• Using Historic Tax Credits to Finance Downtown Redevelopment Projects, Speaker with National Park Service and Louisiana State Historic Preservation Office, National Trust for Historic Preservations National Main Streets Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, Sheraton New Orleans, Downtown, April 14-16, 2013.
• USDA & NMTCs: New Potentials for Rural Impact, Novogradac National New Markets Tax Credit Conference, San Diego, California, Westin Gaslamp Quarter, January 24-25, 2013.
• New Market Tax Credits, Renewable Energy, Historical Tax Credits, Louisiana Association of Affordable Housing Professionals (LAAHP) 5th Annual Conference and Meeting, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center, October 11, 2012.
• Using New Markets Tax Credits to Bridge Financing Gaps in Real Estate Projects, American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law, Live Teleconference and Live Audio Webcast, September 12, 2012.
• The Saenger Theatre: A Case Study in Public/Private Partnerships, New Orleans Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Luncheon, New Orleans, Louisiana, February 15, 2012.
• Considering Purpose and Exit Strategy When Selecting an Entity, National Business Institute (NBI) Louisiana Continuing Legal Education Program, Entity Selection: Beyond the Basics , New Orleans, Louisiana, December 12, 2011.
• Drafting Operating Agreements, National Business Institute (NBI) Louisiana Continuing Legal Education Program, Entity Selection: Beyond the Basics , New Orleans, Louisiana, December 12, 2011.
• Financing and Interim Lending on State and Federal Historic Tax Credits for the Developer, Monetizing the Credits, the Market for Selling Credits and What the End Cash-on-Cash Return Means to the Owner of an Historic Building, National Association of Realtors, CCIM Symposium Old and New Solutions to Commercial Real Estate Problems: A Focus on Historic Tax Credits and Automotion Parking , Loyola University, New Orleans, Louisiana, October 18, 2011.
• Now That You've Ground Leased the Property: Financing Your Construction with the Use of Historic Tax Credit and Related Ground Lease Issues, American Bar Association (ABA) Ground Leasing Committee, Live Teleconference, September 21, 2011.
• Tax Increment Financing, Urban Land Institute (ULI) Louisiana - Exclusive Hard Hat Tour of Marriot Renaissance Hotel, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, August 25, 2011.
• Historic Tax Credit Legal Issues Panel, Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credit Workshop, Louisiana Office of Cultural Development, Division of Historic Preservation (SHPO), Baton Rouge, Louisiana, August 2008.
(Also at New Orleans)
Federal Bar Association
American Bar Association
Louisiana State Bar Association
Baton Rouge Bar Association
New Orleans Bar Association
National New Markets Tax Credit Working Group
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.