•Securities arbitration and mediation
•Securities regulatory practice
•Complex civil litigation
Recognition & Leadership
Awards & Accolades
•Team Member, U.S. News - Best Lawyers, Best Law Firms Edition, Law Firm of the Year, Banking & Finance - Litigation, 2017
University of Miami School of Law; teaching contracts, 1997-1998
•Member, Florida Bar Association, Palm Beach County Bar Association and American Bar Association Fellow: University of Miami School of Law; teaching contracts, 1997-1998
• Member, Florida Bar Association, Palm Beach County Bar Association and American Bar Association
• Represented numerous broker-dealers and brokers in hundreds of NASD, NYSE, AAA and FINRA arbitrations in both sales practice and employment disputes, many of which were tried to final award.
• Defended and tried to conclusion a $35,000,000 arbitration relating to allegedly misrepresented and unsuitable auction rate securities, obtaining dismissal of all claims on behalf of broker-dealer.
• Defended and tried to conclusion multiple million-dollar hedge fund arbitrations on behalf of various broker-dealers.
• Defended and obtained several of the first prehearing dismissal awards under new FINRA Rule 12504.
• Represented numerous individuals and firms in enforcement proceedings commenced by the SEC, NASD and FINRA.
• Represented major broker-dealer in multiple regulatory matters involving alleged insider trading, creation of false customer statements and other misconduct in branches in the United States and South America.
• Represented securities industry organization as amicus curiae in Supreme Court appeals in multiple states.
• Defended financial institutions, businesses and private individuals in federal and state court litigation.
Member: Florida Bar Association; Palm Beach County Bar Association; American Bar Association.
(Also at West Palm Beach Office)
Professional & Community Involvement
•Member, Duke Alumni Admissions Advisory Committee, 1997-present
•United Way of Palm Beach County Leadership Circle, 2004-present
•Member, Florida Bar Association, Palm Beach County Bar Association and American Bar Association
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.