Blake has a breadth of experience in commercial litigation and construction cases including contractual disputes, injunctive relief, breaches of fiduciary duty, negligent construction, builder's lien claims, shareholder disputes and professional negligence claims.
In his insurance practice Blake represents a wide range of national and international insurers in relation to all forms of insurance related litigation. His insurance defence experience includes serious bodily injury claims, construction and fire losses, coverage opinions, directors and officers' claims and inter-provincial coverage issues.
Blake's employment law practice includes wrongful dismissal litigation, Workers' Compensation matters, human rights complaints, fiduciary litigation, employment standards claims and disputes involving the enforcement of restrictive covenants. He also assists employers with employee discipline and termination, managing employee disability, conducting workplace investigations, and drafting employment contracts and policies.
• 2016 Labour & Employment Year in Review , McLennan Ross Seminar, 2017
• Medical Marijuana , McLennan Ross Duty to Accommodate Seminar and Mock Human Rights Tribunal Hearing, 2016
•“The Duty to Accommodate”, Merit Contractors Seminar, 2014
• 2013 Labour & Employment Year in Review , McLennan Ross Seminar, 2014
• 2012 Labour & Employment Year in Review , McLennan Ross Seminar, 2013
• Security for Judgment: A Useful and Often Overlooked Remedy , Don Dear, Q.C. and Blake Hafso, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2016
• Nip it in the Bud: Tips to Reduce the Risk of Class Action Lawsuits for Unpaid Overtime and Off-Duty Blackberry Use , McLennan Ross Legal Counsel Newsletter
•Contributing Author, Alberta Chapter , Vicki Giles and Joyce Mitchell, Cross-Canada Guide to Human Rights Law in Employment, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers
Professional Associations, Affiliations and Community Activities:
•Member, Canadian Bar Association
•Civil Litigation Section
•Member, Law Society of Alberta
•Member, Calgary Bar Association