Brad J. Pierce is a senior counsel in the Corporate Commercial Group in BLG’s Calgary office. Brad’s practice encompasses a range of corporate, commercial and regulatory matters, including private equity and venture capital financings, mergers & acquisitions, international transactions, infrastructure and resort development, and regulatory and environmental compliance. He also has unique expertise with respect to the structuring and financing of commercial enterprises on Federal and First Nation lands.
Brad represents leading institutional, private equity and venture capital firms with respect to their in investments in funds and emerging companies involved in the development of new technologies mostly in Western Canada. He also represents a number of the funds and companies themselves, helping them successfully finance and grow their respective businesses.
As well, Brad has assisted domestic and foreign buyers and sellers with respect to the corporate acquisition and disposition of significant assets and businesses in the power and power management, engineering and procurement, oil & gas services, and infrastructure and resort development industries in Canada, the United States and Europe.
Publications & Presentations
• Presenter, “ Conventional and Unconventional Oil & Gas Exploration and Development and Pipeline, LNG and Infrastructure Developments in North America,” ALFA International Oil & Gas Working Group, Calgary, AB, July 2012.
• Presenter, “ Update on Canadian Energy Developments,” ALFA International Oil & Gas Working Group, Houston, TX, March 2012.
• Presenter, “ Canadian Oil & Gas Developments,” Indo-Canadian Business Association and legal and investment communities in Mumbai and Delhi, India, December 2012.
• Speaker, “ Financing Options for Oil & Gas Technologies: A Legal Perspective,” Alberta Centre for Advanced MNT Products Seminar entitled “ Conventional Energy,” March 2011.
• Speaker, “ Alberta Carbon Credits and Emissions Trading,” BLG In-House Continuing Legal Education (CLE), November 2010.
• Speaker, “ Vancouver Olympics Sustainable Development Program and Aboriginal Initiatives,” Los Angeles County Bar, International Subsection, November 2010.
• Panellist, “ North American Pipeline & Infrastructure Developments: Cross- Border Pipelines,” International Bar Association Annual Convention, October 2010.
• Speaker, “ Oil & Gas Development on Indian Lands,” BLG In-House CLE, March 2010.
• Speaker, “ Unanimous Shareholder Agreements,” Insight Information Conference entitled “ Drafting Major Business Agreements,” January 2009.
Rankings & Recognitions
• Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2018 and 2017 editions of The Best Lawyers in Canada (Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law).
• Recognized in the 2018 and 2017 edition of The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Private Equity) and the 2018 and 2011-2015 editions (Corporate Mid-Market).
• Board Member, Calgary Economic Development
• Director, Hidden Angel Foundation
• Member and Counsel to Association for Mountain Parks Protection and Enjoyment
•Member, Law Society of Alberta, 1984-present
•Member, Canadian Bar Association, 1984-present
•Member, Canadian Venture Capital Association, 1992-present
•Director and Secretary, Venture Capital Association of Alberta, 1994-present
•Board Member, Calgary Economic Development
•Director, Hidden Angel Foundation ?
•Member and Counsel to Association for Mountain Parks Protection and Enjoyment
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.