Jeff Taylor is an associate in the Calgary office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP where he practices in the Securities and Capital Markets group and the Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Restructuring group.
Jeff has experience acting for both public and private companies on a range of securities and corporate matters including private placements, corporate reorganizations and acquisitions. Jeff also has experience acting for start-up companies on a variety of matters including corporate structuring, financing and general corporate matters.
In the Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Restructuring practice Jeff has worked with court appointed-receivers and monitors on both domestic and cross-border insolvencies and he has been involved with various restructurings and liquidations.
• Acting for public and private companies in connection with financings, mergers and acquisitions and share purchase transactions.
• Reorganizing and restructuring corporations, partnerships and other entities.
• Advising clients in respect of governance and compliance with corporate and securities regulatory requirements.
• Acted for Strike Group Inc. in connection with its restructuring and partnership with TriWest Capital Partners in 2015.
• Acting for a Canadian start-up company in connection with their USD$2.0 million A-round financing.
• Advises start-up companies on various matters including incorporation, seed financing, intellectual property protection and employment related matters.
• Acts as counsel to various capital pool companies in connection with incorporation, private financing, initial public offerings, stock exchange listings and qualifying transactions.
• Acted as counsel to an oil and gas company in connection with their initial asset purchase valued at approximately $56 million.
• Acting as counsel to the court-appointed monitor in the cross-border restructuring of Sanjel Corporation and related entities under the CCAA and Chapter 15 of the US Bankruptcy Code.
• Acting as counsel to the court-appointed receiver in the receivership of Spyglass Resources Corp.
• Member, Law Society of Alberta