Kevin practices in the area of litigation and insurance and risk management.
Professional Associations, Affiliations and Community Activities:
• Volunteer, Student Legal Assistance
• Volunteer, Calgary Legal Guidance
• Provided ongoing risk analysis to insurance claims personnel and insured persons, in a variety of personal injury, professional negligence, construction, and commercial/general liability claims, as well as contract/coverage disputes.
• Defended a national insurer in a variety of denial of coverage and alleged bad faith claims.
• Represented clients in a variety of construction, fire-loss, motor vehicle collision, slip-and-fall, subrogation, and surety claims.
• Advised and represented Canadian bands in negotiations concerning recording contracts.
• Provided advice to a local radio station relating to management and monetizing of intellectual property assets.
• Provided summary advice for a variety of musicians, graphic artists, and writers.
• Represented a musician in a copyright dispute relating to the use of a copyrighted work in a television program.
• Appeared as trial counsel before the Alberta Court of Queen's Bench and the Provincial Court of Alberta (Civil and Criminal Divisions) in various civil and criminal matters.
• Represented parties as litigation counsel in numerous commercial, contractual, construction, criminal, surety, and tort matters.
• Regularly prepared pleadings, affidavits, legal briefs, and other court matters.
• Prepared for and attended Examinations for Discovery/Questioning on a variety of matters, including personal injury actions, insurance claims, contract disputes, and other tort matters.
• Represented clients at private mediations and judicial dispute resolutions on a variety of civil litigation matters.
• Provided advice and supervision for an insurance claims subrogation unit, assisting and advising on a risk assessment related to property damage claims.
• Represented a supplier in a complex litigation relating to the construction of an airport.