- 3.6/5.0 (8 reviews)
LuAnne Morrow is counsel and regional leader of our Calgary Intellectual Property Group and is as well a commercial media and branding lawyer and registered Canadian trademark agent. She manages the trademark practice in Calgary, including prosecution, opposition and licensing of trademarks for clients in the energy sector and numerous other industries.
LuAnne is particularly experienced in the areas of trademarks, copyright, patent licensing, and trade secret protection, and assists clients with brand acquisition, protection and management, Internet and social media law, entertainment, gaming, advertising and sponsorship. She also has expertise in patent licensing, software licensing and development agreements and franchising.
Publications & Presentations
• Speaker, Cannabis in Canada, MAPLE Business Council, November 2017.
• Speaker, Trademark Law in Canada - Update, Women's Leadership Forum (San Jose, California), November 2017.
• Contributor, Doing Business in Canada, BLG Publications, November 2017.
• Contributor, CASL and Internet Law, Lexis Practice Advisor, November 2017.
• Author, The Potential Impact of Brown v. Canada on Ownership of Intellectual Property by Employers, BLG Publications, May 2016.
• Author, Is the .insurance top level domain part of your company web strategy, BLG Publications, April 2016.
• Author, .sucks gTLD - Should you protect your brand on this top level domain, BLG Publications, May 2015.
• Author, Supreme Court Of Canada Finds Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) Invalid, BLG Publications, November 2013.
• Author, Marketing Law News Flashes: Recent Updates and Reminders, BLG Publications, April 2013.
• Speaker, Social Media and Defamation, BLG’s Marketing Law News Flashes Conference, February 2013.
Rankings & Recognitions
• Recognized in the 2018 edition of Managing Intellectual Property's IP Stars (Intellectual Property).
• Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2010 to 2018 editions of The Best Lawyers in Canada (Advertising and Marketing Law, Intellectual Property Law).
• Martindale-Hubbell BV Distinguished 3.6 out of 5 Peer Review Rated.
• Recognized in the 2018 edition (and since 2010) of World Trademark Review's WTR 1000 - The World's Leading Trademark Professionals (Prosecution and Strategy).
• Recognized in the 2014 edition of Managing IP Handbook - (Copyright non-contentious, Trademark, Trademark enforcement and litigation, Trademark licensing, Trademark prosecution, Trademark strategy and counselling).
• Board and Executive Committee member, Unlocking Potential Foundation
• Board member and Governance Committee Chair, National Music Centre
•Member, Canadian Bar Association
•fellow, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
•Member, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada Domain Name and Trademarks on the Internet and Licensing Committees
•Member, ICANN Intellectual Property Constituency committee
•Member, Licensing Executives Society
•Member, International Trademark Association
•Board and Executive Committee member, Unlocking Potential Foundation
•Board member and Governance Committee Chair, National Music Centre
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.