Awards and Recognition:
•E.S. Watkins Memorial Prize in Torts and Accident Compensation
•MacPherson McNiven Insolvency Prize
•Frank L. Burnet, Q.C. Scholarship
•Alberta Law Foundation Bursary
•David and Maureen Corry Bursary in Law
• Insurance & Risk Management Trends & Updates, McLennan Ross Seminar, 2018
• Appraising Appraisals - Conducting Effective Employment Reviews, McLennan Ross Webinar, 2017
• Supreme Court of Canada Dismisses Consultation and Charter Claims in Relation to Jumbo Valley Resort Marco Baldasaro and Gavin Fitch, Q.C., Assessing the Impact: Environmental and Resources Law Blog, 2017
• Slip and Fall Actions Dismissed for Failure to Show Breach of Duty Marco Baldasaro, McLennan Ross Legal Counsel Newsletter, Fall 2017
• Asset Sales: Successor Liability Issues, Don Dear, Q.C. and Marco Baldasaro, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2016
• Court Extends Limitation Period in Contamination Case, Gavin Fitch and Marco Baldasaro, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2016
• Limitations Act Amendments, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2015
• Liening the Landlord for Tenant Improvements, Alberta Construction Law Blog, 2014
• New Energy & Environmental Ministry Mandates, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2014
• AUC Reviews the Need to Qualify Expert Witnesses, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2014
• Compasionate Care Lease Now Applies to Alberta, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2014
• Fort McKay First Nation Granted Leave to Appeal Decision of the Alberta Energy Regulator Approving Brion Energy Oilsands Project, Evan Dixon and Marco Baldasaro, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2013
Marco regularly provides both employers and employees with a wide variety of legal assistance. Marco has experience:
•Drafting and reviewing employment contracts
•Initiating and defending wrongful dismissal claims
•Defending human rights complaints
Where possible, Marco utilizes court process including summary trials and summary judgment applications to quickly resolve disputes at a reduced cost.
Marco regularly represents individuals, partnerships, and corporations in a wide variety of disputes. He has extensive experience:
•Drafting demand letters and pleadings
•Preparing interlocutory materials including injunction applications
•Retaining and instructing experts
•Resolving disputes through negotiation, mediation and court processes
Where possible, Marco utilizes court processes including summary trials and summary judgment to resolve disputes quickly and efficiently. His experience includes:
•Successfully acting on behalf of a federally incorporated power generator to obtain dismissal of a multi-million dollar claim due to long delay.
•Defending a plumbing company in a negligence action, successfully resolving the dispute without the necessity of trial.
•Successfully obtaining settlement on behalf of a construction company involved in a breach of contract dispute that occurred in the context of an asset sale.
•Defending a construction company against a debt claim brought by a former accountant and resolving the dispute without the necessity of trial.
•Defending a restaurant in a Sale of Goods action brought by a former patron.
•Defending a large manufacturer in a negligence action brought by a homeowner.
•Defending an accounting firm in a negligence action concerning the preparation of a corporate income tax return.
•Successfully assisting in obtaining summary dismissal of a multi-million dollar claim brought against an international accounting firm.
•Assisting in both the prosecution and defence of numerous accountants brought before their governing body.
•Assisting in the defence of a quantity surveying firm in a number of negligence actions.
•Assisting in the defence of a business operating a food processing facility subject to a stop work order brought by a municipality.
•Preparing injunction materials on behalf of a federally incorporated power generator.
Marco has experience assisting a wide variety of corporations and municipalities in environmental and regulatory matters. In this capacity, he has prepared materials in relation to oil and gas facilities, mining projects, and electric power facilities. He has appeared before the Alberta Utilities Commission and assisted with the preparation of materials for submission to the Alberta Energy Regulator and the Surface Rights Board. Marco has experience:
•Advising an Alberta corporation in relation to the termination of a road use agreement.
•Advising an international energy company in relation to reclamation liability in the context of a facility sale.
•Advising an Alberta power generator in relation to transmission rights in various energy markets.
•Advising a landowner in relation to a lease dispute and preparing materials for a hearing before the Surface Rights Board.
•Assisting a developer in an Alberta Utilities Commission hearing in relation to the routing of a transmission line through a new subdivision.
•Advising an Alberta mining corporation concerning the mechanics of the surface rights application process.
•Assisting in the preparation of injunction materials for an Alberta energy generator in relation to the construction of a transmission line crossing an Indian Reserve.
•Assisting in the preparation of application materials concerning a Request for Regulatory Appeal before the Alberta Energy Regulator.
•Assisting a municipality in relation to an appeal of a Subdivision Appeal Board ruling involving Confined Feeding Operations.
•Assisting a municipality in an intermunicipal dispute before the Municipal Government Board involving the proposed construction of an industrial subdivision next to a wildlife underpass.
Community & Volunteer Activities
•Former Caseworker - Civil Section, University of Calgary Student Legal Assistance
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.